Since Encore Pro 1.8 is no longer available...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jochim

Since Encore Pro 1.8 is no longer available...

Post by jochim » Tue May 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Since Encore Pro 1.8 is no longer available, does anyone have a copy they would be willing to "share" with other people?

MeHoo

Post by MeHoo » Tue May 08, 2007 5:52 pm

If a company stops supporting their customers, i have no problems whatsoever with this idea. So if you find out feel free to let me know as well. This software is crappy enough as it is and barely worked on xp, but now i cant even use the hardware i spent money to buy.

I should add that if they are planning on revamping their processes this would not be needed, and most liekly if they quit selling it and developing it, they should make it publicly available on their site.

blarg

Post by blarg » Tue May 08, 2007 6:56 pm

Oh, they're still selling it, and as far as I can tell, developing it, it's just that they've chosen not to sell it to patients.
I'm a programmer Jim, not a doctor!

Snorkel

Post by Snorkel » Tue May 08, 2007 7:27 pm

Anyone know if their decision to drop the retail/patient chanel was due to the support costs due to lots of patients calling in for phone support -- something that tends to cost on the order of $50 per call, if not more.

david

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue May 08, 2007 9:16 pm

Support, What support, Support costs $0.00, when you don't have any. I think you have to look the reason up under stupidty and DME greed. Jim

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by Guest » Wed May 09, 2007 3:02 pm

I have lurked on this board since I was diagnosed with apnea in December and I have to say I have never seen something as shameful as how everything in the world is the fault of the 'evil' dme's. How on earth can you figure dme's have anything to do with respironics decision to pull their product from consumer users? I bet DME's are to blame for the price of gas at the pump to. And by god I bet a DME is to blame for the horrible weather etc. This is ridiculous. Grow up and face the fact that most Dr. do not want patients messing with their pressures etc also this is FDA regulated and respironics is faxing me this information. But I bet the DME bought off the FDA.

tomjax

dme

Post by tomjax » Wed May 09, 2007 3:12 pm

I think Paris Hilton's sentence was because of the DMEs.

probably 9/11 too.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed May 09, 2007 3:13 pm

He he ... dude, everyone knows the FDA is bought off.

Keep on lurkin ... maybe you will learn something new

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed May 09, 2007 4:26 pm

Anonymous (pstuck) wrote:I have lurked on this board since I was diagnosed with apnea in December and I have to say I have never seen something as shameful as how everything in the world is the fault of the 'evil' dme's. How on earth can you figure dme's have anything to do with respironics decision to pull their product from consumer users? I bet DME's are to blame for the price of gas at the pump to. And by god I bet a DME is to blame for the horrible weather etc. This is ridiculous. Grow up and face the fact that most Dr. do not want patients messing with their pressures etc also this is FDA regulated and respironics is faxing me this information. But I bet the DME bought off the FDA.
They don't want them "messing" with their pressures because they would like the revenue from the return visits.....where they only ask "How are you feeling?".
From the plight of some of the patients I've seen post on the forums over the last two years, it's very apparent that the majority of the doctors don't give a rat's behind about their patients. Some of these setups/configurations/settings are downright scary.
My own settings are a LONG ways from what my sleep doc prescribed and I hate to think what would have happened if I'd have left them there.
I also make no apologies for not using a local DME, either.
This is MY therapy and I have MY best interests and the success of MY therapy at heart.
Why do you think the dropout rate of the patients is so high???
If more people COULD take an interest in and control of it and know a little more about it, the success rate would be MUCH higher.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

MeHoo

Post by MeHoo » Wed May 09, 2007 4:57 pm

I'm grown up.

My doctor doesn't know the first thing about apnea and neither do any in my area.

hes not evil and has approved me for two different types of machines to try and just asks me how its going when i stop in for something else.

Apnea is not exactly a well known illness, hell i had to explain it to my bosses and even they still act like its just me being lazy and not getting up in the morning.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and grow up yourself. Not everything in the world is fluffy white and perfect. There are truly corrupt things out there.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Wed May 09, 2007 5:06 pm

if you send me a copy I promise I won't copy it

http://tinyurl.com/3935v9
someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

Post by Guest » Wed May 09, 2007 5:49 pm

Someone save it as an ISO and upload it as a torrent.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed May 09, 2007 5:55 pm

Do be aware that "thought crimes" are prosecuted in this day and age ... even if only in jest
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

cwsanfor

Post by cwsanfor » Wed May 09, 2007 7:09 pm

Snoredog, you rock. You might see a copy of 1.8 in your mailbox any day. Who could say?

ZAP on.

Post by Guest » Thu May 10, 2007 1:17 am

Ok, maybe Guest and Snore Dog one day will get a copy and Dreamstalker will be admiring Tom Cruise. Sorry, couldn't resist.