info on twilight NP (Aura)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sharon1965

info on twilight NP (Aura)

Post by sharon1965 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:13 pm

Hey anyone who uses this interface

i just purchased one from another member here, however there is no literature with it (he didn't get any when he bought it) and i don't know how to dismantle it for cleaning etc.

was wondering if i could get some info?

thanks

sharon1965

kteague

TwilightNP

Post by kteague » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:41 am

Hi Sharon. College Girl and Rested Gal are both users, so if you don't get an answer soon, you could PM either of them. Hope you're feeling better every day.
Kathy

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:30 pm

thanks kathy

i'm doing ok, just lots of sinus pressure... but, just today and sunday to go and stents come out monday a.m and i'll be back on cpap....thanks for your kind wishes

sharon

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:56 pm

Sharon,

The only part that can be dis-assembled is the nasal seal ( the soft loop with the pillows) which can be removed by twisting (about 90 degrees counterclockwise) and pulling down.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:02 pm

wttm,

hey thanks! you're right, now that i look at it, it's as simple as that

sharon1965

tangents

Post by tangents » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:03 pm

Sharon,

I may not be cleaning it thoroughly enough this way, but I leave it connected and wash the nasal part with Ivory soap every morning. Then I flush it with hot water and hang it up to dry. If you can remember to, give it a shake about an hour or so before bed - sometimes water collects in some of the bends and gives a nasty surprise when you put it on!

I'm going to De-Capitate mine today. Rested Gal sent me a thread about it when I bought my Aura, and I'm fed up with the head piece. I think It's thinning the hair on top of my head.

In any case, you may need to secure it to your nose by tying it under the nose and behind the head. I like the nasal interface, hope you have good luck with it too!
Cathy

blarg

Post by blarg » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:11 pm

Enjoy decapitating it. Even if it is a little unnerving, it's rather satisfying to chuck that big hunk of plastic into the trash can.
I'm a programmer Jim, not a doctor!

Catnapper

the Aura

Post by Catnapper » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:14 pm

This is for Cathy and Sharon, too, in case you are interested.

After resisting for longer than I should, I bought an Aura- Twilight NP and performed surgery on it. Now it is the best mask I have ever had. Here is a picture of it after surgery, and without the stretchy straps.

Straps are made of legs from tights, and are very comfy. I left the small arch at the top for strength. The mask weighs almost nothing.

Catnapper

blarg

Post by blarg » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:15 pm

I did exactly what you did (just trim the grey bits of plastic and work the swivel off the end to pull it all out) but I just went the rest of the way and completely removed the grey plastic bits.

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:55 pm

thanks everyone for the tips

i'll be trying it out on monday night for the first time, so advance knowledge is definitely a bonus

sharon1965

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:30 pm

I've used the decapitated Aura for over a year now, and love it. I also removed the grey curved pieces -- they add nothing unless you want to tie the upper strap to them.

I would be interested in what other decapitated Aura wearers use to "cushion" their foreheads. I use two round makeup applicator foam pieces, but if there is something better, I'd like to know.

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:15 pm

tangents said:
I think It's thinning the hair on top of my head.
egads! i can't be having that!

blarg said:
Enjoy decapitating it. Even if it is a little unnerving, it's rather satisfying to chuck that big hunk of plastic into the trash can.
do all aura users do this surgery? i am not very handy (understatement)...is there a chance i could do irreparable damage?

linda3032 said:
interested in what other decapitated Aura wearers use to "cushion" their foreheads. I use two round makeup applicator foam pieces, but if there is something better, I'd like to know.
as of now, with my cl2 i've been slipping one of my padacheeks that i originally got for my swift in under the headgear where it rests on my forehead and that helps..would that work with the aura, too, Linda?

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:19 pm

Sharon,

I've used mine as-is since it first came out with no problems... and I still have all my hair

IMO, you've picked the most comfortable interface available.

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:22 pm

logged-out! wrote:Sharon,

I've used mine as-is since it first came out with no problems... and I still have all my hair

IMO, you've picked the most comfortable interface available.
This was me
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

blarg

Post by blarg » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:28 pm

sharon1965 wrote:do all aura users do this surgery? i am not very handy (understatement)...is there a chance i could do irreparable damage?
No, not everyone does it. And yes, you could slice or tear the small hose coming off the top if you're not careful. Try it first with the headgear. It's not a bad mask even with the hulk of rubber up top.
Linda3032 wrote:interested in what other decapitated Aura wearers use to "cushion" their foreheads. I use two round makeup applicator foam pieces, but if there is something better, I'd like to know.
I have one round makeup applicator pad taped to the mask itself and the other one I fold in half and stick in on the top half of the first pad once I get my strap on. I tried using a comfort gel blue part to cushion, but it was too hard and I think it was just me finding an excuse to slice the hell out of it because I hated it so much. lol.