Cheeseball Mandibular Advancement... Worked!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
vandownbytheriver

Cheeseball Mandibular Advancement... Worked!

Post by vandownbytheriver » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:14 am

Wore the SnoreMD mandibular device for an hour... removed it at 2am... what a difference for the whole night! I could tell it was letting my tongue move around, I could hear it slapping occasionally, so I removed it, it is an uncomfortable thing to wear. But this is the best night I've ever had! Pressure stayed below 14.5cm... snore, as advertised, exactly zero (i did clear my nose at 2am). Pulse ox super good, best I've seen.

I put this up to the residual jaw advancement left over from wearing the device... it was still a little advanced by morning. Clenching my teeth returns my jaw to it's normal (overbite) position, I kept my jaw relaxed after I removed SnoreMD. It is big and ugly, I had to wear it upside-down, but I'm now a believer. I'll pursue this with my dentist.

I had to use two strips of tape to close my mouth, that's the main problem with this thing, it is huge, and keeps your jaws apart 1cm... there is no retaining your tongue. If you could combine a thin-profile device with a bite corrector/advancer and an iNAP tongue suction device you'd have a winner.

SnoreMD is 40$ at Walmart... typical boil-n-bite fitment. I had to wear it upside-down since I have a pretty big overbite... I'm not advancing my jaw, I'm bringing it closer to normal. It has click-detents to adjust in 1mm increments... the instructions just tell you 'squeeze' but really you have to adjust one side at a time. I set it for near max advancement where it fit my current bite then did the hot fit... then retracted (advanced) it to where it had my bottom teeth just behind my top teeth. The results were undeniable.

I'll probably just wear this for an hour before bed tomorrow night and see if the improvement continues... it is not a comfortable thing but the 40$ was worth the experiment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J4qhzZ ... sp=sharing