First night on Evora FF... not a fan

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
vandownbytheriver

First night on Evora FF... not a fan

Post by vandownbytheriver » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:09 am

Bought a fit kit for the F&P Evora full-face mask... I'm a confirmed F&P customer, started on the Zest 14 years ago, moved on to the Simplus.

I'm not a nasal pillow fan... turns out that this mask feels like a pillow mask -erading as a FF mask. I tried on the default Medium and moved over to the Large before bed... the only difference in all the masks was the size of the nasal hole, I'd seen this from YT, the hole was still not quite big enough for me without some stretching. Also the headgear that ships with the Fit Kit is the Small/Medium, not something made plain when I ordered... all straps were at near their ends when I finished fitting it.

The first thing I noticed is the pressure on the tip of the nose... not used to that... very finicky to adjust so that no friction was felt... lube, anyone? It was not a comfortable night compared to my Simplus... here's what I wrote in my Oscar journal:
<>
First night with Evora FF... not auspicious. Had problems adjusting the nose portion... the fit is very picky in that the holes get obscuree easily. Looks leaky... also lots of events... big pulse excursion coincides with big leak? And highest pressure I've hit in a long time. Mask felt like a pillows mask on my nose... kinda starved for air... and I did not like the stinging pain I'm feeling on and around the nasal tip... perhaps lube? Yuck. It's a good mask for face down... the exhaust ports do blow down your chest, so you'll feel that without sheets there, perhaps better for a partner... harder to inadvertently block the ports. The headgear that ships is not the Large, so it barely fits me. Summary... a nasal pillow mask-erading as a FF... and I'm not a pillow person. Return?! I think so... get a Vitera with large headgear and medium cushion.
</>

Anyway, not sure I'll give it another night... for those that don't like the piece across the forehead this mask may be a boon, but I like the top piece, I use that for adjusting the mask during the night.

Here's some graphs, the period at 6-9am was laying awake mostly... I think I ended up on my back for that cluster of events around 0820. I understand that there are some fitment YT videos, there's a whole app dedicated to fitment, I'll give them a chance today I guess.
evora first night.png
evora first night.png (178.47 KiB) Viewed 19481 times