Heating system error AS11

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lynninnj

Heating system error AS11

Post by lynninnj » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:12 am

I saw there were a few people who had a heating system error. I got one this morning. I swapped out the humidifier tub and the climate line hose. This did not fix the problem. I’m not getting any error message anymore but it’s also not working.

i’m going to put in a call to the pulmonologist and find out about where it came from and it should still be under warranty. However, if it’s not, I’m wondering if anyone has tinkered around with it?

I am pretty careful with the water tub, but as some of you know, there is a manufacturing problem with the tubs. When you open them to refill them, there is usually residual water around the edges of the tub. It’s possible that some of that seeped into the mechanism under the heating plate.

any constructive thoughts are welcomed. Right now I just sprayed it with compressed air and am running it sort of sit out to see if there’s any drying necessary. it doesn’t feel wet.

I also don’t see any screw holes to open it and poke around. I’m hesitant to do that until I find out whether or not it’s covered under warranty still.

Thanks in advance if anyone has some insights.

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

lynninnj

Re: Heating system error AS11

Post by lynninnj » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:33 am

Pulm says call DME. DME has no record of a machine for me. No DME sticker.

Come to think of it Im not entirely sure I had a bill for the actual machine in any claim form.

I got it July 2022 when the post covid post phillips recall long wait for a machine period meant waiting a few months.

hmmmm

they said try calling lincare or crapria to see if it’s one of their machines

EDIT: At one point I thought the new hose got hot but then not. The tank base got warm but not hot. Was all running weakly.

hmm

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

stevenal

Post by stevenal » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:20 am

Warm but not hot sounds about right. The only time any of my CPAP humidifiers got hot was when I allowed them to run dry.
AirSence 10 Autoset, Dreamstation 2 backup, Swift FX, Z1 for travel.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:36 am

stevenal wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:20 am
Warm but not hot sounds about right. The only time any of my CPAP humidifiers got hot was when I allowed them to run dry.
Thanks.

Good point.

The heating error was sporadic. I cant tell if that means it will blow air that will just dry you out when that happens or what, since it isn't heating the water or hose to get it past the ol nostrils.

I have someone coming to replace the machine after all the challenges but I want to know if anyone else has ever had this problem before.

So far, not getting much feedback but I am hopeful. There was an older thread with the AS10 having issues but am wondering if anyone has had this issue lately.

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:33 pm

Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?