Upgrading The Defunct Resmed 2G/3G Modems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dog Slobber

Re: Upgrading The Defunct Resmed 2G/3G Modems

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:20 am

dataq1 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:07 am
Confusion about Drs and DMEs using “MyAir”….when questioned about how they get data, my guys say that “AirView” is what they use, not “MyAir”

As I understand it MyAir is a Bluetooth driven app, while “AirView” is driven by access to the cellular modem in the users device.
Doctors do use AirView, and not MyAir.

You are completely wrong about what MyAir is.

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:11 pm

dataq1 wrote:
Confusion about Drs and DMEs using “MyAir”….when questioned about how they get data, my guys say that “AirView” is what they use, not “MyAir”
You're right, of course... I'd forgotten the name of the clinician version. Dearly love to have a bootleg of *that*, or the clinician/sleep tech handbook that Nick(Jason?) showed pages from so temptingly.
As I understand it MyAir is a Bluetooth driven app, while “AirView” is driven by access to the cellular modem in the users device.
I wish! This cellphone modem stuff is barbaric... wifi is the new standard, why not just use it? Super-duper encryption available for your snore-plots.

The MyAir phone app connects to the ResMed server via WWW wifi (or cell) to get info... there is no direct connection between the phone and the unit. The unit must phone in to ResMed... remember the dulcet tones of 56K dial-up? That's what's going on I think... tempted to tap into the TX/RX lines and see. Hack!

I do find bluetooth stuff in the menu of the later firmwares... that's probably for that giant clunky pulse/ox that one of those comedians on YT showed... he was not a fan, and it was way expen$ive. Really ready for an open-source machine that can BT into any pulse/ox... perhaps the carcasses of the old AS10's are it.

My doctor used AirView to give me a two-page report from my C2C SD card. That data never showed up in MyAir... it's been silent ever since the 3G modems were turned off here in USA. If I can get MyAir working on my older machine then my doc will have AirView data, which he asked for. Otherwise, as I said, I have no use for it... I do like hacking, and the modem experiment is ongoing, as are other experiments that get you kicked off ApneaBoard.

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:33 pm

Further digging has shown that the EEPROM information might tie your unit to the old modem board... this is also the place where serial number etc is stored. This information also appears in on the SD card... hacking has determined that nothing in the STM32 firmware changes this. You'd think it would be in one-time-programmable form... that would be a show-stopper, without extensive code massaging. If it's in the serial EEPROM on the board then there's no reason it could not be modified.

I should be able to do some work here... would be very nice to reset those modem hours, for instance... and get a 4G working.

dataq1

Post by dataq1 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:57 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:20 am
dataq1 wrote:
Which is what I said, thank you.
"THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON CPAPTALK.COM IS NOT INTENDED NOR RECOMMENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE."

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:05 pm

dataq1 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:57 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:
dataq1 wrote:
Which is what I said, thank you.
Yes, you did say that and I acknowledged it.

But what you also said was:

"As I understand it MyAir is a Bluetooth driven app, while “AirView” is driven by access to the cellular modem in the users device."

Which is completely wrong, and what I commented on.
Dog Slobber wrote:
And as stated, you are completely wrong about MyAir.

You editing that part out of my quote, is consistent with your dishonest nature.

dataq1

Post by dataq1 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:44 pm

Dogslobber:
No misquote, here is what you said:
Nothing dishonest about that at all, it’s EXACTLY what you said.
Clinicians and DME use AirView.

Personally I don’t use MyAir at all, but when I set up originally the app required a Bluetooth PAIRING.
"THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON CPAPTALK.COM IS NOT INTENDED NOR RECOMMENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE."

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:16 am

dataq1 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:44 pm
Dogslobber:
No misquote, here is what you said:
Nothing dishonest about that at all, it’s EXACTLY what you said.
Clinicians and DME use AirView.

Personally I don’t use MyAir at all, but when I set up originally the app required a Bluetooth PAIRING.
Yes, it does require a Bluetooth pairing on an Air11, but that doesn't mean it's "Bluetooth driven" as you stated.

MyAir can be used on non Bluetooth enabled devices. The Air 10 models don't even have Bluetooth, so how can MyAir be "Bluetooth driven". MyAir isn't just a mobile app, It's also a web-app, so onece again, how can it be "Bluetooth driven"? I don't bother with the app, but do visit the "MyAir" webpage occasionally.

Absolutely no therapy data is transferred from the device to the Mobile MyAir App via Bluetooth. None. It's all transferred from the Air11 to the ResMed Cloud via the cell modem, MyAir then displays the data after ResMed processes the data. My Air get's its data exactly the same way as AirView gets its data, from the ResMed cloud after an upload from the device via cellular.

So like I originally said, you don't have a clue about MyAir.

dataq1

Post by dataq1 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:36 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:16 am
So like I originally said, you don't have a clue about MyAir.
Several forum members seemed to think that their clinicians were using MyAir, but that is probably incorrect.
That is the CLUE that I offered in the first place and that was the principle point I wanted to make, to avoid confusion.

Apparently you agree with that(use of MyAir); but you persist in your insistence that I don’t have a clue about MyAir.

My access to MyAir required Bluetooth pairing at the outset.
Once I saw the limited “data” that MyAir brought to my mobile device, I hardly ever use the app.

Does the desk/lap top MyAir version provide more useful data?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:48 pm

My access to MyAir required Bluetooth pairing at the outset.
Once I saw the limited “data” that MyAir brought to my mobile device, I hardly ever use the app.

Does the desk/lap top MyAir version provide more useful data?
The purpose of the Bluetooth pairing is so that you can use your mobile device (I assume cell phone) is so you can see your MyAir results on your phone. That's the extent of what Bluetooth does. It allow access to the MyAir data available.

Bluetooth pairing is local only.

So.......if you have further questions and comments about all this stuff....start your own thread with your questions.
You are hijacking this thread.....again.

Everyone else......get back on topic folks.
And in case someone has forgotten the topic is maybe swapping out cell phone modems that used the now useless 3G modems and replacing it with a modem that will now connect to MyAir.
It is NOT a discussion about MyAir.....that would be a different topic.

Further veering off topic will result in post removal.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.