Questions regarding test results

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
davegurney

Questions regarding test results

Post by davegurney » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:14 am

Hello all,

29M, 89kg on diet, located in EU.

I'm a chronic sinusitis and physical anxiety symptoms sufferer last 15 months which began couple of months after moving into a new apartment with floor heating. Due to anxiety I had/have many symptoms like muscle stiffness, grinding and moderately painful neck/shoulder/back, dry heaving, paresthesia in hands and feet and now muscle aches these days. But I don't have sleep apnea symptoms like snoring, fatigue, weakness, daytime sleepiness, morning headaches and high blood pressure. In the beginning I had some catching breathe in the bed (not during sleep but right the moment when snoozing out, so it was like Sleep-onset Central Sleep Apnea) and considering the chronic muscle stiffness family doctor and ENT doctor wanted me to have a sleep study disregarding the chronic sinusitis after Indoor/Outdoor allergies were eliminated through blood test.

So I had a home sleep apnea test with nasal cannula and oximetry for 4 days in early December and results are in the attachment. (AHI 6.9, 15.0, 17.9)
Since they suspected sleep apnea due to results, right before Christmas they gave me CPAP machine with nasal pillows (now changed to full-faced masked) until February but since then I could only sleep for 7 hour with them because I can't even breathe normally throughout the day and I feel like masks even inflames/blocks my nostrils even more in couple of minutes wearing them which didn't happen with nasal cannula (I tried low humidify and high humidify, pressure starting ramp closed and open, none of them helped). When I put the mask on and use it for hours while I'm awake in bed trying to sleep, AHI becomes almost 10 every time. They promised setting a date for CT scan on nostrils but only after completing this CPAP test.

My questions are:
  • Does anyone else went through or are going through the same stuff, what actions did/do you take?

Should I be worried about critical health problems like heart diseases and strokes even if I don't have apnea symptoms? (In case of asymptomatic sleep apnea)

Can someone tell me how the results look? (Lowest desaturation durations were only for 3 seconds, so sleep nurse said I have no problem with oxygen even though it shows lowest desaturation values are %79, %88 and %89)

Thank you so much for your time.
Last edited by davegurney on Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

dataq1

Re: Questions regarding test results

Post by dataq1 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:15 am

Good morning,
Did you forget to attach the results of your testing?
"THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON CPAPTALK.COM IS NOT INTENDED NOR RECOMMENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE."

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:22 am

Dave, have you had a consultation with an ENT (ear, nose, throat doctor)? You have some issues that need to be taken care of. These issues can make CPAP difficult to use.

Welcome! I hope you find this forum a good place to help you be successful.

davegurney

Post by davegurney » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:06 am

dataq1 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:15 am
Good morning,
Did you forget to attach the results of your testing?
Hi it seems my attachments were not uploaded for some reason, trying again.
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:22 am
Dave, have you had a consultation with an ENT (ear, nose, throat doctor)? You have some issues that need to be taken care of. These issues can make CPAP difficult to use.

Welcome! I hope you find this forum a good place to help you be successful.
Hi, as I mentioned ENT doctor refers me having these sleep studies.

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:39 pm

davegurney wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:14 am
So I had a home sleep apnea test with nasal cannula and oximetry for 4 days in early December and results are in the attachment. (AHI 6.9, 15.0, 17.9)
Did your sleep study not report anything about your sleep stages?
davegurney wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:14 am
When I put the mask on and use it for hours while I'm awake in bed trying to sleep, AHI becomes almost 10 every time.
The only meaningful numbers are those that refer to your breathing when you are asleep.

Who diagnosed your chronic sinusitis?

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:59 pm

davegurney wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:06 am
Hi, as I mentioned ENT doctor refers me having these sleep studies.
TLDRA