Dreamstation 2 won'r turn on

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JohnMudie

Dreamstation 2 won'r turn on

Post by JohnMudie » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:33 pm

My Dreamstation 2 used to turn on automatically. Now no matter how hard I huff and puff, it stays off. Water chamber is fitting snuggly

Pugsy

Re: Dreamstation 2 won'r turn on

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:40 pm

Sounds like your Auto on feature has got turned off by someone.
You should be able to go into the clinical settings menu and turn it back on. Do you know how to do that?

But for now....what happens if you just push the on/off button to turn the machine on and off?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:15 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:40 pm
You should be able to go into the clinical settings menu and turn it back on. Do you know how to do that?

But for now....what happens if you just push the on/off button to turn the machine on and off?
Nope, auto on and off on the Dream Station 2 is enabled or disabled through Orchestrator (DME or other care provider) and can not be done from the clinical menu.

May not be the problem, but perhaps the fine air filter is plugging up with dust and restricts air flow so the machine is not sensing your breathing as it had done in the past. My own DS2 will auto turn on, but I have to cover the vent holes on my full face mask (F&P Vitera) to get it to do so. There is a setting for Respironics mask types in the settings (OFF, X1-X5) which allow compensation for air flow resistance of different masks. Perhaps experimenting with those values may affect the sensitivity of the auto on function.

Have you changed your mask type or hose size which might affect air flow and the machines sensitivity to the auto on function?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:40 am

Or there could be a loose connection somewhere in the path of airflow.
It could even be an imperfect seal on the tank.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:59 pm

Grumpy48 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:15 am
Nope, auto on and off on the Dream Station 2 is enabled or disabled through Orchestrator (DME or other care provider) and can not be done from the clinical menu.
Damn, Philips needs to 🔥with the 👹.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:44 pm

Grumpy48 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:15 am
Pugsy wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:40 pm

Wow the more I hear about the respironics the happier I am I have resmed devices. :).

After the Dme made my settings unusable, I figured out how to set it myself on the resmed.

D.H.

Re: Dreamstation 2 won't turn on

Post by D.H. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:17 pm

The implication of the original posting is that the machine can be used as long as it's turned on and off manually. Assuming that's correct, he does not have an emergency on his hands.

ChicagoGranny

Re: Dreamstation 2 won't turn on

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:41 am

D.H. wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:17 pm
The implication of the original posting is that the machine can be used as long as it's turned on and off manually. Assuming that's correct, he does not have an emergency on his hands.
No one said it was an emergency. They were just trying to restore a convenient feature.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:36 am

The feature can be very welcome for many patients with diminished vision or motor abilities.
So, for some, this could indeed be a crisis.
Eff respironics! Is their plan to make their junk completely useless?

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:50 pm

While the auto on/off setting may not be user selectable, the default setting is 'Auto On' is 'On' and 'Auto Off' is 'Off' and this can be verified in OSCAR. I would be inclined to believe this is how most people would want it set. The default 'Auto On' enabled is good if one forgets to press the start button and provides a bit of insurance that the therapy should start if the button press is neglected. Setting 'Auto On' to 'Off' introduces a risk of therapy not starting if the start button is not pushed and likely why Philips chose to not make it user selectable. I would not rely on the Auto On function as I believe that for it to work reliably relies on the type of mask used ('resistance' values & vent leakage) and perhaps the filter condition which could affect air flow. For me the default Auto On/Off function is transparent and I have no need or desire to change it.
Presuming patients with diminished vision or motor abilities have a healthcare provider or DME (Philips likely believes you have one or the other or both), I would assume the Auto On/Off function could then be changed as needed via Orchestrator on request.