Loewenstein Smart Max readings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Eddi

Loewenstein Smart Max readings

Post by Eddi » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:41 pm

Hi-I received a new machine from the hospital a week ago. (Yes we get given them here and new masks or parts whenever we ask). It is a Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max.

I have noticed taht it always gives a reading of 0.00 uner Min but gives figures for Med etc

I also note it gives red lines for Vibratory Snore(?) which has no effect on my AHI which is very low, like last night it 0.37 and has been under 1 most of the time for ages now. Occasionally it has been very high, like 18 or more but that is rare.

I love the fat it tells me how much deep sleep I have. I now also wear my Viatom watch at night. My pulse drops to 30 regularly but averages 56. My Oxygen levels are good, or not bad. I average 93-95.

So I don't know what the VS really are. Should I switch that off in Oscar? Also do t know why it is saying 0.00 under Min.

Kind regards

zonker

Re: Loewenstein Smart Max readings

Post by zonker » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:03 pm

Eddi wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:41 pm
Should I switch that off in Oscar? Also do t know why it is saying 0.00 under Min.

Kind regards
could you pls post an oscar chart so the forum can see what you are seeing?

thank you!

(oh and pls post that chart right here in this thread.)
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Eddi

Post by Eddi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:13 am

Hi-this the reading for 25th as it more clearly shows what I am talking Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 13.02.22.png

Eddi

Post by Eddi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:24 am

I have tried many different different way the getting the file to show but no luck. I need a more clear explanation please than I found.

Eddi

Post by Eddi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:29 am

I know why. It says attachment limit has been reached.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:51 am

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Eddi

Post by Eddi » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:26 am

Eddi

Post by Eddi » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:44 am

I posted my graphs as asked. I used the link someone told me about. Is it visible?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:43 am

Eddi wrote:
I have noticed taht it always gives a reading of 0.00 uner Min but gives figures for Med etc
You might want to report that to the OSCAR team as a possible bug - viewtopic/t187244/OSCAR-v151-released-- ... -2023.html

Eddi wrote:
So I don't know what the VS really are. Should I switch that off in Oscar?
Do you have a bed partner who could note if you are snoring? It's also possible that you are moving and "rattling" the hose. Or it could be a bug. There are not so many Lowenstein users who have given OSCAR test rides.

How do you feel? Energetic during the day? No excess sleepiness? Tired at bedtime but not stressed?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:46 am

Not many people here (if any) are familiar with the ins and outs of your machine so it makes for a difficult time evaluating the results....so be patient when wanting answers.

Sorry.

About the snores....I have no idea how the machine works in terms of reporting or responding to the snores.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Eddi

Post by Eddi » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:28 am

Thank you both for your response.

Last night I had a 0.00 AHI. This is not unusual when I have eaten too many carbs. (Studies show that carbs improve SA but also make one fat!)

My husband says he doesn't hear anything from me and he often is reading for a couple of hours whilst I am sound asleep.

I noticed today it marked a VS when I was not asleep. It doesn't count them in AHI score. With my previous machine, I still have it, a Resmed 10, I had loads of CA's. My Dr said they were likely arousals and not CA's. (BTW this new machine has been well recieved by the CPAP reviews of Youtube.).

What I like is that it tells me ho much deep sleep I am getting.

I feel as well as I can do during the day. I have not missed a day since starting in Dec 19. I feel so much better. I sleep much longer. If I sleep less than 9hrs I know it.

I use an F30 mask which is the best of many. I canno use a nose only one as my mouth opens. I tried using tape etc but they were not practical and still the nose ones were not suited to me.