CPAPIneffective

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sportshistorybuff

CPAPIneffective

Post by sportshistorybuff » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:10 pm

Greetings all. I have been using both my CPAP and mouth pieces to adjust my jaw every night for three months and although it seems to have reduced my sleep stoppages from severe down to barely a few per hour, there has been no improvement in the state of my brain when I wake up every morning. My brain is on fire, just as cloudy and distressed as when I sleep without the machine or dental pieces. Does one not expect any relief from the brain clouds until your sleep stoppages are completely eliminated, or should I be expecting some relief/reduction in my brain fogs already? Does the CPAP cause any brain symptoms while it is managing the apnea? My humidification is at the maximum setting. Is three months long enough to get relief from brain fogs?

ChicagoGranny

Re: CPAPIneffective

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:39 pm

How do you know you are not having many arousals?

Are you using OSCAR?

Please go to your profile and fill out your equipment profile.
sportshistorybuff wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:10 pm
Does the CPAP cause any brain symptoms while it is managing the apnea?
Well, it's been blamed for every health condition starting with Achilles Tendonitis down to Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, so why not brain damage?

lynninnj

Re: CPAPIneffective

Post by lynninnj » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:38 pm

sportshistorybuff wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:10 pm
Greetings all. I have been using both my CPAP and mouth pieces to adjust my jaw every night for three months and although it seems to have reduced my sleep stoppages from severe down to barely a few per hour, there has been no improvement in the state of my brain when I wake up every morning. My brain is on fire, just as cloudy and distressed as when I sleep without the machine or dental pieces. Does one not expect any relief from the brain clouds until your sleep stoppages are completely eliminated, or should I be expecting some relief/reduction in my brain fogs already? Does the CPAP cause any brain symptoms while it is managing the apnea? My humidification is at the maximum setting. Is three months long enough to get relief from brain fogs?
you could probably get a great deal of help from the posters on the board

There’s a great deal of data that could be gleaned from the machine to help improve your settings and sleep.

Please consider reading the newbie thread and sharing your info. Im so much better for having found this board.

Give it a shot. (going to try to find the newbie thread)

This is a good place to start.

You don’t have to read everything.
Maybe stick to this thread and call it your own.

Updating profile with mask and machine helps. There are many variables to cpap that sometimes you have to address them one at a time to rule things in and out and settings changes should be done with one change at a time.

Don’t know why machine you have to ask if you have an sd card capable machine to start trying to determine optimal settings.

I would start there.

viewtopic/t35702/Where-A-CPAP-Newbie-Should-Start.html

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.