AS 11 Humidifier and Heated Hose Suddenly Stopped Working

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gingersnap10

AS 11 Humidifier and Heated Hose Suddenly Stopped Working

Post by gingersnap10 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:40 am

Hi guys,

I've had my AS11 for over a year now and am very happy with it. A few nights ago I realized my humidifier and heated hose weren't working. I tried adjusting the settings (turning off Auto, trying specific temps, etc.) and nothing works. The therapy itself works fine but I can't take much more of the dry, sore throat I'm waking up with. Shockingly getting through to my DME has been difficult. Their website is down, phones just ring and ring. Anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Pugsy

Re: AS 11 Humidifier and Heated Hose Suddenly Stopped Working

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:45 am

Do you have a different hose you can try....either heated or non heated hose?
Do you get any sort of message show up on the machine LCD screen when you attach the hose to the machine?

It wouldn't be impossible for there to be some sort of broken wire in the heated hose thereby creating a short in the circuit that maybe impacts everything the machine does....maybe....I don't know for sure but maybe.

It also wouldn't be impossible for the machine's internal water heating and/or sensors to get screwed up and need replacement.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

gingersnap10

Post by gingersnap10 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:13 am

Thanks Pugsy,

Should have mentioned that I tried using a completely new tank and hose last night to make sure it wasn't an issue with those components.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:17 am

Sorry...you got all the ideas that I had.

While rare...heating systems do fail on these devices.

As for a hard to get hold of DME....might want to think about changing suppliers once you get this issue sorted out.
If they have a brick and mortar store close by....I would be getting my little behind right down there and raising hell. :lol:

You are still under warranty if the machine is only a year old.
Warranty is for 2 years.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:07 pm

Unplug the machine for a minute. Plug it back in and hopefully the reset will help.

gingersnap10

Post by gingersnap10 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:13 pm

I did try the unplugging/plugging it back in, did not work.

Somewhat of an update - my DME finally picked up the phone so I didn't have to go down to their retail store in person after work. They required me to get a repair/replace letter with my therapy settings from my doctor so after that hoop was cleared they agreed to send it out for repair. I can drop it off to them tonight and get a loaner machine while they figure it out.

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:39 pm

gingersnap10 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:13 pm

Somewhat of an update - my DME finally picked up the phone so I didn't have to go down to their retail store in person after work. They required me to get a repair/replace letter with my therapy settings from my doctor so after that hoop was cleared they agreed to send it out for repair. I can drop it off to them tonight and get a loaner machine while they figure it out.
I'd be interested to learn who this DME is and who you have insurance with?
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

Ebonyeyez

Post by Ebonyeyez » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:38 pm

gingersnap10 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:13 pm

I’m a little over a year in and just very recently started getting error msg about heating element. So far pulling my water chamber out and shoving it back in until I hear a click resolves the problem for me. I have my toes crossed that this won’t fail me in the long run.