What to do with second machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jlsmithseven

What to do with second machine?

Post by jlsmithseven » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:06 pm

So I got the Cpap machine deal for autoset 10 but I currently have a 11 and like it. It still smells like burnt plastic though and I’ve always liked the air sense 10 more. I have 3000 hrs on my machine I think . Would this new machine be good in the box for another 3 years when mine wears out or should I just use it now.

ChicagoGranny

Re: What to do with second machine?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:12 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:06 pm
So I got the Cpap machine deal for autoset 10 but I currently have a 11 and like it. It still smells like burnt plastic though and I’ve always liked the air sense 10 more. I have 3000 hrs on my machine I think . Would this new machine be good in the box for another 3 years when mine wears out or should I just use it now.
Keep either one as a backup - your preference. Maybe, once per quarter, pull it out and use it for a night. You don't want to find out your backup machine no longer works the night your primary machine goes out.

I prefer to use the newer one and keep the older one as the backup, but you have that odor issue to consider. If you can tolerate the odor issue, at least use the newer machine until the warranty expires.

Generally, a machine does not age when stored safely under comfortable room conditions.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:54 pm

I suggest using the newest machine now at least while it is under warranty.

My current machine has almost 12K hours on it and I just got a new machine last week.
I did check the new machine briefly but haven't made the official swap out yet....been busy and been lazy.
While I don't expect to need the warranty....it would sure piss me off to wait 2 years to use it and have it fail in 3 months of use and it be out of warranty.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:56 pm

as others have said, backup.

while one may last forever, it may NOT! and they always seem to fail on a friday night of a long weekend.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

nlt6mor

Post by nlt6mor » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:26 pm

I just got my second machine. Another Airsence 10 just like my original except the modem and auto shut down now works on the new one. My old machine has 27K hours on it and I will keep it packed for travel so I don't have to disturb the new one. Stayed with 10 as my accessories will work with both and didn't read any good reason the 11 was better. In fact read some grumbling about the 11.