Low Minute Vent and Tidal Volume?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gold3n

Low Minute Vent and Tidal Volume?

Post by gold3n » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:12 pm

Good Day Everyone!

Currently a little concerned about my tidal volume and minute vent being quite low that I switched to Nasal Pillows. My AHI isn't awful, I don't feel fatigued, but have quite a bit of brain fog and feel spacey. I currently use the ResMed S9 Autoset with Nasal Pillows, before I used a full face mask. Please see attached reports from OSCAR. I recently increased my minimum pressure in hopes to decrease flow limitations, but my FL actually increased with this change.

I do use a smartwatch that measures O2, I am unsure how accurate it is, but it showed I didn't go below 96%.

I am 5'11, Male 145KG

Link to OSCAR Screenshots https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

palerider

Re: Low Minute Vent and Tidal Volume?

Post by palerider » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:33 am

I don't really see anything wrong. your TV is lower than 'average', certainly, but if your O₂ ring is to be believed, you're getting good saturation.

It's possible that what you're having is called Obesity Hypo Ventilation, and the remedy for that is higher pressure support, (and a different type of machine to provide it).

Can you try sleeping on your side, if you don't do that already? That will also help with apnea in most cases.

It may not be an issue.

More pressure, even without the PS, may be worth trying.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Miss Emerita

Re: Low Minute Vent and Tidal Volume?

Post by Miss Emerita » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:07 pm

I hope PR's thoughts are helpful to you. As is always true, you might also want to consider talking with your doctor about your TV. That would certainly be your first step if you're interested in getting a pulmonary work-up or a different machine.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/