Possible incorrect Event analysis

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Possible incorrect Event analysis

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:09 pm

Ralph437 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:43 pm
In answer to you question about where I got those instructions:
Jlfinkels posted that on Thursday Dec 1 2022, I found it in the last postings of the "attachment sticky".
Thanks....I need to go fix those instructions because they are confusing.
I was wondering why so many people were getting it wrong... :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:41 pm

Ralph437 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:32 pm
No, she was definitely asleep.
Here's another try using Imgur.
Even I can see that didn't work !
Here's sending using BBC code:
Image [/img]
Image [/img]
Don't put img tags around things that aren't images. image links have to end with something like jpg or png, you're just sending a webpage in the first two, and you've double tagged the second two.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Ralph437

Post by Ralph437 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:35 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:41 pm
Don't put img tags around things that aren't images. image links have to end with something like jpg or png, you're just sending a webpage in the first two, and you've double tagged the second two.
Problem was that the instructions given in the Dec 22 sticky thread on "Attachments -PLEASE READ" were incorrect. Pugsy is now aware of this.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:39 pm

Since you insist on posting the image in the thread and not just the link (Pugsy will be happy with you. :wink:, Pugsy.), here's a little trick.

- Right-click on your image in the thread. In the dropdown box that appears, click on copy that image. Paste that URL into the image box. It never fails to work.

Ralph437

Post by Ralph437 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:16 pm

Granny- I’m not insisting on anything.
As I explained to Palerider I was just following the instructions that were given in the sticky. I think that pugsy realizes that those instructions were incorrect.

I’ll be posting new charts later using the corrected instructions from Pugsy.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:19 pm

To be fair I don't care if someone links to an image or embeds the image.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:08 pm

Ralph437 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:16 pm
Granny- I’m not insisting on anything.
My comment was hyperbolic.

You are a good 'un. I like the way you are helping your wife. I also like the way you are approaching the challenges and working with the people here who are helping you.

Ralph437

Post by Ralph437 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:14 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:08 pm
My comment was hyperbolic.
OK, understannd, just gott back from eye doctor, can't see a thing, later ot tomorw

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:53 pm

Ralph437 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:35 am
palerider wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:41 pm
Problem was that the instructions given in the Dec 22 sticky thread on "Attachments -PLEASE READ" were incorrect. Pugsy is now aware of this.
They were correct enough, you were just interpreting them incorrectly.

You also skipped right past the very first post at the top of the forum, the one that says "read this BEFORE POSTING!", you know, where you would have gotten another explanation of what, and how, to post, to get help.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Ralph437

Post by Ralph437 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:23 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:53 pm
You also skipped right past the very first post at the top of the forum, the one that says "read this BEFORE POSTING!", you know, where you would have gotten another explanation of what, and how, to post, to get help.
Actually I did read and followed the detailed instructions in the “PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING” thread. Unfortunately that thread included the instruction to click on the (cpaptalk option) image icon. That is incorrect, you should NOt use the image option when adding a Imgur link,

Moving on….. I’m being prepped for retina surgery, that why I could not see well yesterday, and this morning I’m off to the eye surgeon again. After I get back, I’ll pull the last days SD card for latest results,

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:17 am

Ralph437 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:23 am
palerider wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:53 pm
Actually I did read and followed the detailed instructions in the “PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING” thread. Unfortunately that thread included the instruction to click on the (cpaptalk option) image icon. That is incorrect, you should NOt use the image option when adding a Imgur link,
One uses the image icon when one has a link to an image.

There's a difference, between an image and a web page, as I *tried* to explain.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:31 am

Using the forum editor little image icon box....if you copy the correct link....the forum editor image icon works.
That's what I did here using that box of addresses and I chose "direct link).
But if I copy just the url address at the top of imgur website where the image shows...I get the "image" word and no image.

Now with this one I did the "linked bbcode" addy.

Now if I want to do just a link and not embed the image...the url addy at the top of the page when viewing an image gives me a direct link to the image. The forum editor and image icon is NOT used at all with this way.
https://pugsy52.imgur.com/all/#3

So all the instructions are correct and there is more than one way to skin a cat but some instructions seem to confuse people more than others. If one little thing gets omitted by mistake....it won't work right.
When I see the word "image" followed by half of the image icon bracket....it's incomplete and won't work.

If people would just use the preview button before hitting submit they would easily see if they did it right or wrong.

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:58 pm

not trying to drag this off topic, but if i am, i apologize.

here is my method for posting an image. from imgur.com, i choose the image i want to post. along the right hand side are many options. i choose the option labeled "BBCode" and hit copy.

i come to the forum. i choose a place to put my image. then right click on my mouse. from the wee menu that pops up, i choose "paste as plain text".

presto!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:06 pm

zonker wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:58 pm
here is my method for posting an image. from imgur.com, i choose the image i want to post. along the right hand side are many options. i choose the option labeled "BBCode" and hit copy.
Like I said....several ways to skin a cat.
I didn't know about right clicking on the image and those options at all.
I am sure that there are other ways besides the ones I listed or yours.

As long as a workable link to the image OR the embeded image shows up....I really don't care.
Sometimes I prefer link over embed and sometimes I prefer embeded over a link. Kinda depends on what I am looking at and how many. I don't like going back and forth between tabs/pages to try to compare something.
But that is just me and while you can teach this old dog a new trick....I am content where I am at.

Main thing.....people need to be using the preview button...would save everyone some headaches.

Ralph437

Post by Ralph437 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:35 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:31 am
If people would just use the preview button before hitting submit they would easily see if they did it right or wrong.
Exactly, which is why I wrote sometime ago:
Even I can see that didn't work !
When I used this instruction from the " EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS STICKY ABOUT ATTACHMENTS"
5. Come back to the forum and add it to a post using the little image icon Image and paste the link from step 4 between the img and /img - note you may have to add a “.jpg” extension to the pasted link for it to work
That is what I did (back several days ago) and now Palrider is implying that I'm stupid or unable to follow instructions or something . Please, don't need or want a load of that attitude,