Looking great IMO

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fdw

Looking great IMO

Post by fdw » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:55 am

Thanks to my GP Dr for the Clonazepam 0.5 I can sleep through the night again.

BTW, I went back to my S9 because the S10 has been making a Wheezing sound on each inhale and exhale.....drove me nuts. The S10 machine is only 2 1/2 years old.

ResMed AirSense S10 Autoset (Ins. Pur. 3/16/2016)
AutoCPAP 10-15 EPR 1.0 (Latest Sleep Study 3-7-16)
Started CPAP March 1995 with a pressure of 11.0

LSAT

Re: Looking great IMO

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:55 pm

One of the side effects of clonazepam is that it can slow or stop your breathing. I'm glad its working for you but I would br careful with it.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:40 am

fdw wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:55 am
Thanks to my GP Dr for the Clonazepam 0.5 I can sleep through the night again.
Over some time, clonazepam will become ineffective. It doesn't work long-term for sleep.

Also, it's addictive. Gramps has a friend who took 0.5mg for six weeks. Upon discontinuation, he had bad withdrawal for 24 hours. The longer it is taken, the longer will be the nasty withdrawal period.

fdw

Post by fdw » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:55 pm

Right now its all about sleep

fdw

Post by fdw » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:17 pm

LSAT wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:55 pm
One of the side effects of clonazepam is that it can slow or stop your breathing. I'm glad its working for you but I would br careful with it.
Thank you so much for the information and concern. I do not drink alcohol or take any opioids meds. Agreed to proceed with caution like most drugs. Right now this has been a life saver for me after several weeks of severe insomnia. My Dr emphasized that I must use CPAP when taking the medication.

It would be nice to find another med that works this well with less or no side effects!!!

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:16 pm

fdw wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:17 pm
It would be nice to find another med that works this well with less or no side effects!!!
Billions echo this sentiment. :lol:

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:27 pm

Trazodone works well for me, and there is no addiction involved to worry about with this drug.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:33 pm

Your chart shows that your flow limits are a bit high. You would probably feel better if you changed your EPR setting to 3.

fdw

Post by fdw » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:42 pm

Deborah K. wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:33 pm
Your chart shows that your flow limits are a bit high. You would probably feel better if you changed your EPR setting to 3.
Please explain why EPR 3 setting. Flow Limits are a bit high "what is a bit high" number wise? Thanks

BTW, my wife has been on Trazodone for years.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:50 pm

Are you experiencing any nasal congestion during the night?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:30 pm

I don't know the numbers, I just know that your chart still shows more flow limits than are good for you. You have it set for 1 now. If you don't want to go to 3 try 2. EPR means extra pressure relief and provides pressure support that makes exhalation easier than inhalation, which is how we breath naturally. It makes breathing more comfortable as well as contributing to better therapy.

fdw

Post by fdw » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:52 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:50 pm
Are you experiencing any nasal congestion during the night?
Sometime but not on a regular basis. I do have the Humidifier set to 3 of 8 and the tube temperature at 75 F

fdw

Post by fdw » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:58 pm

Deborah K. wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:30 pm
I don't know the numbers, I just know that your chart still shows more flow limits than are good for you. You have it set for 1 now. If you don't want to go to 3 try 2. EPR means extra pressure relief and provides pressure support that makes exhalation easier than inhalation, which is how we breath naturally. It makes breathing more comfortable as well as contributing to better therapy.
I will try 2 for a few nights. I never knew that EPR 1, 2, or 3 would effect Flow Limitation (FL). Actually I don’t know how one would adjust the APAP to lower FL. I now suppose EPR setting is one way, what would be other ways?

PS I do have CHF
Thanks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:07 pm

Nasal congestion can sometimes show up on the flow limitations graph as increased activity.
You might try to make a note as to how much nasal congestion you had during the night and see if it correlates in some way with the increased activity on the graph.
Using EPR (increasing it) won't help reduce the FLs if the activity you see is related to nasal congestion.
Nasal congestion has to be dealt with by doing the usual stuff....nasal rinses, sprays, meds, etc.

Your flow rate graph is far from horrible though and there's no urgent need IMHO to really do anything about it unless you are having problems of some sort with sleeping or breathing or comfort.

Here's what a really boring FL graph looks like...mine..I never have much congestion unless I have a cold so my FL graph just never has much activity.

Using EPR can sometimes help with the FLs...the other way is to use more minimum pressure. Worth trying...won't hurt anything.

Now here's a really ugly FL graph below. Nasal congestion from bad seasonal allergies was the culprit in this case.
As you can tell....yours is no where near this ugly.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

fdw

Post by fdw » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:17 am

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:07 pm
Nasal congestion can sometimes show up on the flow limitations graph as increased activity.
You might try to make a note as to how much nasal congestion you had during the night and see if it correlates in some way with the increased activity on the graph.
Using EPR (increasing it) won't help reduce the FLs if the activity you see is related to nasal congestion.
Nasal congestion has to be dealt with by doing the usual stuff....nasal rinses, sprays, meds, etc.
Your flow rate graph is far from horrible though and there's no urgent need IMHO to really do anything about it unless you are having problems of some sort with sleeping or breathing or comfort.
Here's what a really boring FL graph looks like...mine..I never have much congestion unless I have a cold so my FL graph just never has much activity.
Using EPR can sometimes help with the FLs...the other way is to use more minimum pressure. Worth trying...won't hurt anything.
Now here's a really ugly FL graph below. Nasal congestion from bad seasonal allergies was the culprit in this case.
As you can tell....yours is no where near this ugly.

Thank you for that fine illustration. I did't really see any FL concerns but I don't have a trained eye for those things. Last night I ended up increasing the EPR to 3 from 1 and to me the FL's don't really look all that different, maybe somewhat less.

The one thing I did notice was how flat my pressure line was last night (22nd) compared to the (19th) was more jagged. What I mean is tiny pressure increases and decreases at EPR1 where the EPR being on 3 last night (22nd) there were really none at all. See if you notice the same thing and what would that represent????

Thanks