Bleep tape

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onward60

Bleep tape

Post by onward60 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:29 pm

I wonder if anyone knows a type of adhesive tape that I could use to affix my Dreamports better. I have a connective tissue disorder that both causes my sleep apnea and causes me to have an oddly shaped nose. I takes me forever to get the Dreamports taped on because I have to try to cut and reshape the adhesive. I have wasted many of them, and still don't quite have it figured out. If I just had a little more adhesive tape, I could do it so much more easily and not have to throw so many of them away. Ideas? Thanks.

Deborah K.

Re: Bleep tape

Post by Deborah K. » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:33 pm

I wrote to Stuart asking if I could buy mouth tape made by the same people who make the bleep tape, as lots of the other tapes that work hurt too much during removal for me to use. He wrote back that no one makes that same tape as mouth tape, but suggested that I try Hypafix tape or Cover Roll tape tape. He also said, " It also works really well as a secondary tape if you need additional reinforcement around your nose, because it worked really well with our adhesive." I am sure one of these would work well for you.

P.S. Now, on the VERY OFF-CHANCE that you have extremely cranky and sensitive skin like I do, you might want to put Milk of Magnesia on your skin after you apply the bleep, then let it dry, then put the Hypafix on over that. I have used the MoM with two other tapes but haven't yet tried it with the Hypafix.

Good luck!
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

onward60

Post by onward60 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:25 pm

Deborah K. wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:33 pm
I wrote to Stuart asking if I could buy mouth tape made by the same people who make the bleep tape, as lots of the other tapes that work hurt too much during removal for me to use. He wrote back that no one makes that same tape as mouth tape, but suggested that I try Hypafix tape or Cover Roll tape tape. He also said, " It also works really well as a secondary tape if you need additional reinforcement around your nose, because it worked really well with our adhesive." I am sure one of these would work well for you.

P.S. Now, on the VERY OFF-CHANCE that you have extremely cranky and sensitive skin like I do, you might want to put Milk of Magnesia on your skin after you apply the bleep, then let it dry, then put the Hypafix on over that. I have used the MoM with two other tapes but haven't yet tried it with the Hypafix.

Good luck!
Thanks so much! Is this the Hypafix tape you mean?

https://www.amazon.com/Hypafix-Dressing ... 556&sr=8-5

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:01 am

Yes, that is the one I bought.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:34 pm

Onward,

I put Milk of Magnesia on my face last night, let it dry then put some more on, let it dry then applied the Hypafix tape (the one that hurt my skin the most). I scored 0.00 on leaks and the tape came off with no pain! I'm so happy! It should work very well for your intended use, with or without the Milk of Magnesia, depending on the sensitivity of your skin.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:37 am

Happy update! Last night I put on just one layer of the Milk of Magnesia, and the tape still did not hurt upon removal. Yay!

onward60

Post by onward60 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:55 pm

Deborah K. wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:37 am
Happy update! Last night I put on just one layer of the Milk of Magnesia, and the tape still did not hurt upon removal. Yay!
This is very interesting. I got the tape and am going to try it. Crossing my fingers.