A ClimateLine Air Message Pops up every time I hold my tube before usage

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleeptalker93

A ClimateLine Air Message Pops up every time I hold my tube before usage

Post by Sleeptalker93 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:15 pm

K
Last edited by Sleeptalker93 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChicagoGranny

Re: A ClimateLine Air Message Pops up every time I hold my tube before usage

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:07 pm

This reminds me of the blonde who told the doc, "When I press hard here, it hurts." The doc said, "The cure is to quit pressing hard there."

Why the hell are you vigorously shaking the hose next to the machine, even tapping the hose against the machine a couple of times?

Jimmy Lotus

Post by Jimmy Lotus » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:08 pm

My machine throws the same message when I attach my ClimateLine heated hose. I don't do that weird shaking/tapping action that you perform, however.

I'm 99.948% certain that it is normal and that no "malware" has infected your machine.

My recommended action is to attach your mask and sleep as usual.

Sleeptalker93

Post by Sleeptalker93 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:04 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:07 pm
This reminds me of the blonde who told the doc, "When I press hard here, it hurts." The doc said, "The cure is to quit pressing hard there."

Why the hell are you vigorously shaking the hose next to the machine, even tapping the hose against the machine a couple of times?
No one is tapping the hose on the machine. Your perception of the video is wrong.

This video was to show what happens when I was to move that part of the hose on its own. Sadly i was not able to demonstrate the defect light. But i was meters away from the machine, prior to napping the message kept appearing on and off even if the hose is WELL connected.

It would go on and off on its own even i take it off when its not suppose to given the hose is connected.

Jimmy Lotus

Post by Jimmy Lotus » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:55 am

Sleeptalker93 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:04 pm
ChicagoGranny wrote:

No one is tapping the hose on the machine. Your perception of the video is wrong.

This video was to show what happens when I was to move that part of the hose on its own. Sadly i was not able to demonstrate the defect light. But i was meters away from the machine, prior to napping the message kept appearing on and off even if the hose is WELL connected.

It would go on and off on its own even i take it off when its not suppose to given the hose is connected.
Ok dude. Let's get down to the basics, shall we?

Was your machine exhibiting this behavior when your prior ClimateLine hose was connected and in use?

If so, there may be a bad female connector receptacle on your machine.

If not, there may be a bad male connector on your new hose. The shaking that you are doing may also be momentarily disconnecting and reconnecting the tubing to the machine, thus throwing the error.

I hope this helps you.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:31 am

I would not be surprised if the OP is WASHING the hose every day.
When unplugged, then plugged back in, a message appears.
Doing this repeatedly will DAMAGE the hose/connections.
Please try not to do that.

Sleeptalker93

Post by Sleeptalker93 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:22 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:31 am
When unplugged, and then plugged back in, a message appears.
Nope. I wash it weekly sure, but I think my 6 years as a senior technical advisor at one of the two biggest IT tech companies have taught me, not to be stupid. Don't insult my intelligence or anyone's for that matter of fact.

Why would I connect any tech pieces especially when permitted to wash right after?

i let it dry for hours before and ensure the connectors do not contain any humidity.

Sleeptalker93

Post by Sleeptalker93 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:30 pm

Jimmy Lotus wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:55 am
Sleeptalker93 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:04 pm
ChicagoGranny wrote:
This reminds me of the blonde who told the doctor, "When I press hard here, it hurts." The doctor said, "The cure is to quit pressing hard there."

This video was to show what happens when I move that part of the hose on its own. Sadly I was not able to demonstrate the defect light. But I was meters away from the machine, before napping the message kept appearing on and off even if the hose was WELL connected.

It would go on and off on its own even if I take it off when it is not supposed to given the hose is connected.
Ok dude. Let's get down to the basics, shall we?

Was your machine exhibiting this behavior when your prior ClimateLine hose was connected and in use?

If so, there may be a bad female connector receptacle on your machine.

If not, there may be a bad male connector on your new hose. The shaking that you are doing may also be momentarily disconnecting and reconnecting the tubing to the machine, thus throwing the error.

I hope this helps you.
Hi Jimmy,

First, Thank you for being the only one not to condescend
Me.

Prior to changing the hose, the therapist noticed that there was a small tear on the tube end that connected to the machine. Thus this was causing the tube with smart start to trigger the machine to always have leakage when not in use.

As for the part that connects to the mask, there is no microchip no any form of technology that would trigger such message.

Per the shaking, i truly do see what you mean and how that can cause the connector to cut loose. However it without the shaking, with any form of slight pressure on the bit that connects to the mask it activates the message.

I will call. Its just a long weekend.

One research i saw was to use a good eraser on the connectors but with my years in tech i fear it may make it worse.

Another user said it needed a software update as it was a fault. But that requires a send in repair.

Looking forward to your response!

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:08 pm

Apparently you are not familiar with components designed to fail after repeated connections,
disconnections, and reconnections--in order to SELL REPLACEMENT PARTS.
I respect the company that chooses not to do that, and congratulate you
for having the good fortune to work for such an unusual company.

Jimmy Lotus

Post by Jimmy Lotus » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:22 am

[/quote]

Hi Jimmy,

First, Thank you for being the only one not to condescend
Me.

Prior to changing the hose, the therapist noticed that there was a small tear on the tube end that connected to the machine. Thus this was causing the tube with smart start to trigger the machine to always have leakage when not in use.

As for the part that connects to the mask, there is no microchip no any form of technology that would trigger such message.

Per the shaking, i truly do see what you mean and how that can cause the connector to cut loose. However it without the shaking, with any form of slight pressure on the bit that connects to the mask it activates the message.

I will call. Its just a long weekend.

One research i saw was to use a good eraser on the connectors but with my years in tech i fear it may make it worse.

Another user said it needed a software update as it was a fault. But that requires a send in repair.

Looking forward to your response!
[/quote]

Hi Sleeptalker93.

I've an idea. Let's take this issue to PMs and see if we can't get your issue squared away. If necessary, we can talk by phone...as long as you're in the CONUS. I *think* my cell plan also lets me talk to Canada and maybe even Mexico, but international calls beyond that are paywalled, I believe.

I will say this, however: I've been using rubber-gum pink pencil erasers (the kind you see on #2 pencils) to safely clean corrosion from voltage-carrying metal parts for many years now. Car batteries, flashlights, remote controls, RAM sticks, etc., etc. As long as you use a light, even touch, there is little risk of damaging the parts and they usually come out sparkling clean, unless the corrosion is really bad.

It may also be that your machine does need a firmware update, but that is beyond my knowledge-base, for the time being.

I have kind of a funky schedule, but if you send me a PM, we can get the conversation started and see if we can't get your issue fixed. No promises, though. :D

--JL

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:14 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:08 pm

When unplugged, then plugged back in, a message appears.

Apparently you are not familiar with components designed to fail after repeated connections,
disconnections, and reconnections--in order to SELL REPLACEMENT PARTS.
I respect the company that chooses not to do that, and congratulate you
for having the good fortune to work for such an unusual company.
I really wish that you would stop with this bullshit. I unplug my hose EVERYDAY and have done so for over 12 years. I soak my hose EVERY WEEK in a vinegar solution, and I have YET to wear anything out or break anything. ANYTHING.

For all those who do not know, when you plug a ClimateLine heated tube into your ResMed machine, the machine displays a brief message that you just plugging in your ClimateLine tube.

Apparently you are not familiar with components designed to fail after repeated connections, disconnections, and reconnections--in order to SELL REPLACEMENT PARTS. I respect the company that chooses not to do that, and congratulate you for having the good fortune to work for such an unusual company.

Did you read the OP's post? He works for an IT company, perhaps that's why they don't sell parts?
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

Jimmy Lotus

Post by Jimmy Lotus » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:12 am

Conrad wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:14 am

I really wish that you would stop with this bullshit. I unplug my hose EVERYDAY and have done so for over 12 years. I soak my hose EVERY WEEK in a vinegar solution, and I have YET to wear anything out or break anything. ANYTHING.

For all those who do not know, when you plug a ClimateLine heated tube into your ResMed machine, the machine displays a brief message that you just plugging in your ClimateLine tube.

Apparently you are not familiar with components designed to fail after repeated connections, disconnections, and reconnections--in order to SELL REPLACEMENT PARTS. I respect the company that chooses not to do that, and congratulate you for having the good fortune to work for such an unusual company.

Did you read the OP's post? He works for an IT company, perhaps that's why they don't sell parts?
I like your style, Conrad. :lol:

Seems like there are quite a few blowhards (see what I did there?) / tryhards on this site. :mrgreen:

ChicagoGranny will probably chime in here soon with something like: "Please. This is a family site," while she apparently has immunity to off-color remarks of her own typing.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:54 pm

Jimmy Lotus wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:12 am
"Please. This is a family site,"
Wow! That was three weeks ago, and you are still stewing over it!!??
Jimmy Lotus wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:22 am
I've an idea. Let's take this issue to PMs and see if we can't get your issue squared away. If necessary, we can talk by phone
Yes. The internet is not a good place for the overly sensitive.

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:45 am

Jimmy Lotus wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:12 am
Conrad wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:14 am

I like your style, Conrad. :lol:

Seems like there are quite a few blowhards (see what I did there?) / tryhards on this site. :mrgreen:

ChicagoGranny will probably chime in here soon with something like: "Please. This is a family site," while she apparently has immunity to off-color remarks of her own typing.
Yep, I did see what you did there and I liked it. :D
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

Jimmy Lotus

Post by Jimmy Lotus » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:38 am

Conrad: :wink:

Sleeptalker93: Did you get your issue sorted out?