Shopping for a DC adapter for my new AirSense 10 machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jpek

Shopping for a DC adapter for my new AirSense 10 machine

Post by jpek » Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:58 am

I finally have a new CPAP machine! (I must have been the last person to be using the Philips Respironics System One machines long after the recall.) Now I need to get myself a DC adapter, so I can plug the machine into my solar generator when the power goes out. I found one on CPAP.com for $95, but another off brand one on Amazon for something like $35. Are there any considerations about this I should keep in mind? Any safety or usability issues to getting off brand adapters?

amenite

Re: Shopping for a DC adapter for my new AirSense 10 machine

Post by amenite » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:11 am

jpek wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:58 am
I finally have a new CPAP machine! (I must have been the last person to be using the Philips Respironics System One machines long after the recall.) Now I need to get myself a DC adapter, so I can plug the machine into my solar generator when the power goes out. I found one on CPAP.com for $95, but another off brand one on Amazon for something like $35. Are there any considerations about this I should keep in mind? Any safety or usability issues to getting off brand adapters?
IDK I went for the name brand given the amount I spent on the machine itself, and the fact that I want highest probability it will work when I need it to (i.e. - when I am out in the field, or when power goes out). I'm making the assumption that the extra $60 is going somewhere, hopefully into a little better engineered and higher quality, more reliable product.

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:26 pm

jpek wrote:
one on Amazon for something like $35.
I bought the Amazon cord - no problems have come about.
jpek wrote:
Are there any considerations about this I should keep in mind?
Keep in mind that Resmed sets the minimum price that cpap.com is allowed to sell at for their products.
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

remstarcpap

Post by remstarcpap » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:11 am

I've used several of the KFD adapters with S10 and S9, and they work great!