Aircurve 10 ASV. Caught CA events, but OSCAR?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NBLHs

Aircurve 10 ASV. Caught CA events, but OSCAR?

Post by NBLHs » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:58 am

Hi there,

I've long story but will cut it short. Second night with ASV. I believe that OSCAR doesn't show CA events, even in UA or LL row. I noted my every arousal time, and check it with OSCAR. One of the example is in photo. My classical CA. Between 10-15 sec. Airsense 10 Autoset can't solve these CAs but at least show them on OSCAR.

If there is anything I miss, pls inform me. It's typically like my CA event, as the IPAP is same EPAP at event time. But OSCAR says, you are perfect and you haven't got CA as it's not showed. Thanks in advance.

Evidence: https://ibb.co/vPRZVCL
I hope I miss something.

Pugsy

Re: Aircurve 10 ASV. Caught CA events, but OSCAR?

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:17 am

OSCAR is limited in reporting to data gathered by the machine.
Are you aware that your ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV machine doesn't even flag centrals/ClearAirways.
OSCAR can't report what the machine doesn't do.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

NBLHs

Post by NBLHs » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:25 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:17 am
Are you aware that your ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV machine doesn't even flag centrals/ClearAirways.
I'm aware of it. But lots of body says, if CA occurs, it is in UA or LL. But it seems completely wrong. So what to do? As a result, Aircurve 10 ASV may be one of the best machine for CA but not %100 perfect when it come to solve it? So as I understood, also RESCAN don't flag CAs.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:37 am

NBLHs wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:25 am
also RESCAN don't flag CAs.
No software can report something if the machine doesn't record/flag it.

Now Philips Respironics ASV machine do flag/report CAs if they happen.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:42 am

NBLHs wrote:

I'm aware of it.
No, you're obviously not aware of it.

It's not OSCAR that is failing to report, it is the ResMed ASV.

Neither OSCAR, nor Rescan can report what the machine isn't reporting.

Respirator99

Post by Respirator99 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:53 pm

NBLHs wrote:
I'm aware of it. But lots of body says, if CA occurs, it is in UA or LL.
Resmed ASV machines do not discriminate between central or obstructive apneas, but flag all recorded apneas as UA (unclassified apnea). They do not classify any apnea as LL.
But it seems completely wrong. So what to do? As a result, Aircurve 10 ASV may be one of the best machine for CA but not %100 perfect when it come to solve it? So as I understood, also RESCAN don't flag CAs.
Oscar, SleepHQ, ResScan and any other similar software will not flag apneas if they are not flagged by the machine. No software is 100% perfect and neither is any machine - that is a hopeless ambition. You've shown us one incident of an apnea that was not flagged (probably due to those tiny wriggles in the flow trace) but without some context it's meaningless. What's your overall chart look like? How many of these events are there? If it's one or two, don't worry about it.
* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* An alternative to Oscar - try SleepHQ

I have no medical training or qualifications. Take my advice for what it's worth.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:57 pm

NBLHs wrote:
Pugsy wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:17 am
I'm aware of it.
Apparently not.
NBLHs wrote:
But lots of body says, if CA occurs, it is in UA or LL.
I have no idea what that means.
NBLHs wrote:
But it seems completely wrong.
I'd agree what you typed seems wrong,
NBLHs wrote:
So what to do?
Stop complaining about things you don't understand?

You can't *HAVE* a CA with an ASV, therefore, it doesn't *ever* flag them.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Respirator99

Post by Respirator99 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:12 am

I think you can if the PS isn't high enough - that's why Resmed recommend a max PS of not less than 15. So the correct statement would be "You can't *HAVE* a CA with a properly set up ASV". Resmed ASVs flag all apneas as UA.
* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* An alternative to Oscar - try SleepHQ

I have no medical training or qualifications. Take my advice for what it's worth.

Herbert

Post by Herbert » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:02 am

Im planning to try an asv in November. So a general question based on the initial post (sorry for crashing in here): Is the machine completely unable to solve short CAs that last only 10-15 seconds? Or is it only a matter of the settings?

Question is improtant to me because all of my CAs only last that long or better "short". If yes, the asv would be useless for me.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:19 am

Herbert wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:02 am
Im planning to try an asv in November. So a general question based on the initial post (sorry for crashing in here): Is the machine completely unable to solve short CAs that last only 10-15 seconds? Or is it only a matter of the settings?

Question is important to me because all of my CAs only last that long or better "short". If yes, the asv would be useless for me.
It's just a matter of the settings.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:19 am

Herbert wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:02 am

Question is improtant to me because all of my CAs only last that long or better "short". If yes, the asv would be useless for me.
Are you asking about "resolve" "respond to" or "report"? It doesn't report any specific kind of apneas, they're all "unknown".
Respirator99 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:12 am
I think you can if the PS isn't high enough - that's why Resmed recommend a max PS of not less than 15. So the correct statement would be "You can't *HAVE* a CA with a properly set up ASV". Resmed ASVs flag all apneas as UA.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Herbert

Post by Herbert » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:49 am

don't know the difference between resolve and respond, but that's what I meant. The reporting topic is clear to me.

If it's only a matter of settings, I assume the "response time" needs to be low so it instantly starts if it doesn't detect a breath. but i assume this will also lead to being forced air in my face in case I hold my breath to turn around. is this assumption basically correct?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:14 am

Herbert wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:49 am
don't know the difference between resolve and respond, but that's what I meant. The reporting topic is clear to me.

If it's only a matter of settings, I assume the "response time" needs to be low so it instantly starts if it doesn't detect a breath. but i assume this will also lead to being forced air in my face in case I hold my breath to turn around. is this assumption basically correct?
I think you are over thinking things here and worrying about facts not in evidence at this time.
The air "forced in your face" isn't nearly as big of a deal as you are thinking.
You should be asleep for one thing when the ASV forces a breath. The response is rapid and doesn't last but for one breath.
So the increase in pressure is rapid and quickly goes back down. It's one breath only....that increase isn't sustained for treating centrals as it is sustained for preventing OAs. Big difference there.

I am trying to find an example of the actual response with the push of pressure but I don't have one saved in my files on imgur and the ASV reports that I have are on another computer that has a power on problem. It won't turn on.

The push of air goes up quickly with one single breath and goes down just as quickly with that one single breath.
You may or may not even notice that push as you should be asleep. I have used ASV (long story) and the only time I even knew the machine had "treated" a central apnea was when I saw the reports. I slept through them otherwise.