Rapid heartbeat with 12-13 readings on Resmed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
watconsult

Rapid heartbeat with 12-13 readings on Resmed

Post by watconsult » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:14 pm

Recent overnight oximetry showed Ox Sat 88% 02. We have been considering additng additional oxygen with onverter but want to see if fact my thyroid was increased to previous dosage which has increased my daytime levels. However recently instead of blowing at level of 5 or 6 later in the night it wakes me up at level 12-13 with very rapid heartbeat. I remove the mask and my heart returns to normal. Has anyone else had this problem? I usually have slept at least 5 hours when this happens. Recent echo and EKG by cardiologist were great. Thanks for any advice.

ChicagoGranny

Re: Rapid heartbeat with 12-13 readings on Resmed

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:46 pm

We really would be guessing without seeing your OSCAR (or SleepHQ.com for the less technically inclined) charts. Instructions for OSCAR are at the top of the index page.

Now if we could see some charts, real information is made available.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:46 pm

Could you clarify whether the 88% is the average, the maximum, the minimum, or? And could you clarify who is the “we” is giving consideration to additional oxygen?

I second Chicago Granny’s hope that you can supply data fromOscar or SleepHQ. Let us know if you have trouble with that
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:19 am

watconsult wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:14 pm
However recently instead of blowing at level of 5 or 6 later in the night it wakes me up at level 12-13 with very rapid heartbeat.
WAG: you're being woken up by under treated apneas.
The rapid heartbeat due to adrenaline rush when your brain tries to wake you up.

Maybe change your min pressure to 12 and see what happens the next few days.

Good luck.
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode