Camping With a Bilevel ResMed AirCurve 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LDUSSEAU

Camping With a Bilevel ResMed AirCurve 10

Post by LDUSSEAU » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:37 am

Hello everyone. This summer (mid-July) I am going on a camping/bicycle tour and of course need my BiPAP. I've looked at portable batteries that are compatible with my ResMed Air Curve 10 (just got it two weeks ago) but they are $800! I don't camp much so this price point is a non-starter. I called the medical supply company that I got it from and they were no help whatsoever. I couldn't even rent a CPAP from them for a week because I have the BiPAP. Now I feel like I'm stuck. SO far with my limited research I have two options to throw out to the community

1) Set up a battery system that's compatible with the new unit. I did a little looking around and it appears I need a special battery for my unit; a simple car charger doesn't provide the proper voltage wave. Is this true? If so, what are my options?
2) I have my old ResMed BiPAP that is mine since the insurance is paid off. I could use this with a less expensive batters, if it's trash after 5 nights, I'm ok with that.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

SleepGeek

Re: Camping With a Bilevel ResMed AirCurve 10

Post by SleepGeek » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:16 pm

LDUSSEAU wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:37 am
2) I have my old ResMed BiPAP that is mine since the insurance is paid off. I could use this with a less expensive batters, if it's trash after 5 nights, I'm ok with that.
You don't mention what model this bipap is but you are better off running on a DC cord when using battery power on either bipap.

https://www.google.com/search?q=resmed+ ... s-wiz-serp

HTH
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

loggerhead12

Re: Camping With a Bilevel ResMed AirCurve 10

Post by loggerhead12 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:31 pm

There are many, many battery configurations and many threads herein about them. You need to define your requirements.

How many nights do you need a battery to last? Will you have daily charging available? Do you need solar? What's your weight limit? Will you have a support team that can bring you batteries? What are your settings? Having an Aircurve can imply higher pressures, which would mean higher power requirements.

As SG mentioned, using a DC cable will be significantly more efficient that just plugging the AC adapter into anything with an inverter.