Philips Replacement

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pdeli

Philips Replacement

Post by pdeli » Fri May 05, 2023 12:03 pm

I just received the Philips replacement but it is not set up with a prescription. My question is: Can I take the SD card from the original machine and use it to set up the new one?

Pugsy

Re: Philips Replacement

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 05, 2023 12:12 pm

You will have to manually make changes to the settings on the new machine.
While you can use the data from the SD to see what those settings might be there is nothing on the SD card that will physically change any of the settings just by inserting the SD card into the new machine.

You gotta change the settings yourself.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat May 06, 2023 6:45 am

pdeli wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:03 pm
I just received the Philips replacement but it is not set up with a prescription. My question is: Can I take the SD card from the original machine and use it to set up the new one?
There are short videos on youtube that show how to get into the machine menus and change the pressure settings.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat May 06, 2023 11:52 am

There is no law against doing it yourself--on YOUR machine.
You just need the "secret handshake", shared by nice people who know it.

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Sat May 06, 2023 2:22 pm

A couple of thoughts........

I am assuming the old machine and the new machine are DreamStation 1's since you had thought about trying to use the SD card to install the settings(?)

If the old machine has a modem and the new one doesn't, take the modem out of the old machine and put it in the new machine and power on the new machine. I'm suggesting this based on the DreamStation 2 I received as a replacement and when I initially powered it on my settings were downloaded and installed via the cell connection from the Philips database. This may or may not work the same for the DS1 and would depend if Philips had your settings on file to begin with. If this works it may happen immediately or take a while depending on the cell connection availability.

Failing the suggestion above, you would make settings yourself as others have suggested. From what I recall of the DS1 there are a few settings that go beyond the basic pressures, ramps, Flex, humidity, etc. Assuming you haven't sent the old machine back if you are going to, set the two machines side by side and going through each menu selection and copy the old machine settings to the new machine. This assumes the firmware between both machines is the same or close so the menu items match.