New to Oscar data and CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dano1465

New to Oscar data and CPAP

Post by Dano1465 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:42 pm

Hi, I have attached a file so I can get some feedback. This is day 5 of my CPAP therapy.

I followed the instructions but was unable to turn off the VS2. Sorry.

Also my time over leak redline was15.183%

Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm using a nasal pillow mask and a chin strap.

Thanks so much
Attachments
screenshot-20230223-123716-1.png
screenshot-20230223-123716-1.png (76.45 KiB) Viewed 1056 times

Pugsy

Re: New to Oscar data and CPAP

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:51 pm

Dano1465 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:42 pm
Also my time over leak redline was15.183%

OSCAR's "redline" is 24 L/min and that is for a ResMed machine.
You are using a Respironics machine and it's "redline" is a LOT higher than 24 L/min.
You probably should change the red line number to something closer to a Respironics large leak territory red line or just turn off that reporting data point since Respironics large leak territory moves around with the pressure. It's not static.
It's going to be up around 85 or 90 L/min. Look at your leak graph....it doesn't flag a large leak until around 4:30 and 5:30 and it doesn't really last very long.

You can change the red line number by going to Preferences then the cpap tab if you want to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:48 pm

OP is complaining on Reddit that they didn't get enough responses to this post.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:09 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:48 pm
quantity over quality?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:55 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:48 pm
Wow....bitching about not enough replies after just 24 hours huh?
Sure makes me want to hop right on it......not. :lol:

Though the one thing just SCREAMING "FIX ME" is the fragmented sleep sessions.
I counted at least 5 breaks in therapy and I bet there were more.

Plus I do better when someone asks a question instead of my having to read their mind wondering what their problem is or what they want/need to fix.
Worried about a non existent leak problem and face with sleep fragmentation like that....probably feels like crap but since we didn't get any details that might help us come up with ideas....can't really offer much
Dano1465 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:42 pm
so I can get some feedback
Specific questions go a long way compared to "get feedback" without specific questions or problems.

My crystal ball is still in the shop so I can't answer questions that I don't have presented.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dano1465

Post by Dano1465 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:44 pm

I'm very sorry if it came across as "bitching". I'm really just trying to figure out how to use the forum. Thanks so much for your advice and feedback. Hopefully you will still be willing to provide advice, suggestions and feedback when I post again.

The reason for the breaks in therapy is I'm getting up to go to the bathroom. That was the reason after multiple urologists tests that I was tested for sleep apnea. I'm hoping that with more nights under by belt these bathroom trips will stop.

Again I'm very sorry

Dano1465

Post by Dano1465 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:55 pm

In the example I provided in this post I was wondering if anyone knew why the flow chart in some of the section is black and the other is grey?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:04 pm

Dano1465 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:44 pm
The reason for the breaks in therapy is I'm getting up to go to the bathroom
Here is my session graph when I first started CPAP, the breaks in the session on the left is me getting up, probably to go to the bathroom.

As I adjusted to CPAP the need for bathroom breaks slowed down, now I can't remember waking up, needing to go. A lot of us have the same story.

Just doesn't happen. And yes, my sheets are dry in the morning.
Dano1465 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:55 pm
In the example I provided in this post I was wondering if anyone knew why the flow chart in some of the section is black and the other is grey?
The Grey parts are where your leaks are above the24L/M threshold.

That 24 LPM is a ResMed thing, you have a DreamStation. Pugsy addressed this in her first response.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:17 pm

The gray areas are just very brief episodes of large leak. But barely into large leak territory.
You crossed the line into large leak territory but just barely and not for very long. Unless those leaks woke you up I wouldn't worry about them at this time. Not big enough, not long enough and not deep enough to really negatively impact therapy.

I have a larger and easier to see example here in this thread where I spent a lot of time in large leak. See image below.
Do realize that I am using a ResMed machine and the 24 L/min line in the sand is my large leak territory line.
ResMed machines report excess leak only. Intentional leak/vent rate gets omitted before reporting.

Respironics machine report total leak (vent rate plus excess leak) and in addition their large leak territory number is simply different from ResMed's.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108724&p=1036669&hi ... t#p1036669

Question about those 5 pee breaks...
How old are you? Of a sex and age that the old prostate could be a factor???
Are you waking up because of a strong need to go pee or is it a thing where you wake up and just figure "I am awake I might as well go pee"???
Your apnea is being well treated and shouldn't be causing nocturia to the extent of 5 times night.

Ask questions....I got lots of answers and happy to offer them.
So will the other forum members.
But when we get a report plopped down in front of us with no accompanying information or questions....makes it really hard to offer much that might be meaningful.
To be honest a report all by itself without clinical information....isn't really all that helpful unless your AHI is horribly high or something like that.
And once we figured out that the percentage of time in large leak wasn't a problem....nothing real exciting on your detailed report except for those breaks in therapy.

The more information that you can give us....the better any one of us can help you.

Dano1465

Post by Dano1465 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:21 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:04 pm
Dano1465 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:44 pm
The reason for the breaks in therapy is I'm getting up to go to the bathroom
Here is my session graph when I first started CPAP, the breaks in the session on the left is me getting up, probably to go to the bathroom.

As I adjusted to CPAP the need for bathroom breaks slowed down, now I can't remember waking up, needing to go. A lot of us have the same story.

Just doesn't happen. And yes, my sheets are dry in the morning.
Dano1465 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:55 pm

That 24 LPM is a ResMed thing, you have a DreamStation. Pugsy addressed this in her first response.
Thanks so much!!!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:23 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Actually the gray parts on the graphs are where the cpap machine itself flagged the large leak and if you look closely the L/min rate were very close to 80 L/min....well above the 24 L/min ResMed line.
The machine itself does the gray flagging...not OSCAR.
Now the reported calculation time frame of "time above red line" that OSCAR reports...that is calculated based on the 24 L/min default ResMed numbers.

From what pressures OP seems to be using and where the large leak gray areas are....I suspect the large leak territory line is probably somewhere between 70 and 80 L/min....and it of course varies as the pressure varies.

Dano1465

Post by Dano1465 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:15 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:23 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:
Actually the gray parts on the graphs are where the cpap machine itself flagged the large leak and if you look closely the L/min rate were very close to 80 L/min....well above the 24 L/min ResMed line.
The machine itself does the gray flagging...not OSCAR.
Now the reported calculation time frame of "time above red line" that OSCAR reports...that is calculated based on the 24 L/min default ResMed numbers.

From what pressures OP seems to be using and where the large leak gray areas are....I suspect the large leak territory line is probably somewhere between 70 and 80 L/min....and it of course varies as the pressure varies.
Thanks so much. I know you explained in a earlier post that I should just turn off the "time above red line".

I really appreciate your insight.

Beginning new to CPAP I'm really trying to understand if the therapy is helping. I'm a very anxious person so it has been a challenge.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:25 pm

Dano1465 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:15 pm
I'm a very anxious person so it has been a challenge.
No problem. You aren't the first and sure won't be the last.

Please take the time to answer the questions I asked above. There is a reason I took the time to ask them and that reason was to get more information so we could maybe offer additional ideas or thoughts that might either explain something or help with something.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:31 pm

Dano1465 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:15 pm
I'm a very anxious person so it has been a challenge.
We'll help.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Dano1465

Post by Dano1465 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:13 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:17 pm
The gray areas are just very brief episodes of large leak. But barely into large leak territory.
You crossed the line into large leak territory but just barely and not for very long. Unless those leaks woke you up I wouldn't worry about them at this time. Not big enough, not long enough and not deep enough to really negatively impact therapy.

I have a larger and easier to see example here in this thread where I spent a lot of time in large leak. See image below.
Do realize that I am using a ResMed machine and the 24 L/min line in the sand is my large leak territory line.
ResMed machines report excess leak only. Intentional leak/vent rate gets omitted before reporting.

Respironics machine report total leak (vent rate plus excess leak) and in addition their large leak territory number is simply different from ResMed's.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108724&p=1036669&hi ... t#p1036669

Are you waking up because of a strong need to go pee or is it a thing where you wake up and just figure "I am awake I might as well go pee"???
Your apnea is being well treated and shouldn't be causing nocturia to the extent of 5 times night.

Ask questions....I got lots of answers and happy to offer them.
So will the other forum members.
But when we get a report plopped down in front of us with no accompanying information or questions....makes it really hard to offer much that might be meaningful.
To be honest a report all by itself without clinical information....isn't really all that helpful unless your AHI is horribly high or something like that.
And once we figured out that the percentage of time in large leak wasn't a problem....nothing real exciting on your detailed report except for those breaks in therapy.

The more information that you can give us....the better any one of us can help you.
- I'm a 57 year old male. I have had my prostate checked and it was a but enlarged. I'm on meds for it.

- I'm waking up with a strong need to pee.

- That is what I thought