Help! According to your experienece: does the Evora FFM seal better than the Dreamstation and the F30 masks ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Albatros

Help! According to your experienece: does the Evora FFM seal better than the Dreamstation and the F30 masks ?

Post by Albatros » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:13 am

Hello,
because of mouth leaking, I use a F20 resmed mask every day, which I am rather satisfied with.

However, it marks the face and is quite annoying at night.
That's why I would like to switch to a FFM under the nose mask.
Unfortunately, my first two serious tests, with the Dreamstation FFM and the F30 from Resmed were failures. Indeed, I spent the night watching for the next leak. Which leak is very important.

Hence my question: what experiences with the EVORA under the nose mask? How does it compare to the other two, especially in terms of leakage?

Thank you

Xchief30

Re: Help! According to your experienece: does the Evora FFM seal better than the Dreamstation and the F30 masks ?

Post by Xchief30 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:20 am

Evora is a step above the rest of FFM at least for me and I have a trim beard !! Dreamweaver, F30 didn't work as well for me. I've been using it since May 2022.

icipher

Re: Help! According to your experienece: does the Evora FFM seal better than the Dreamstation and the F30 masks ?

Post by icipher » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:32 am

I haven't tried the Evora.

I briefly used the Resmed F30, which looks very similar to the evoraic. The F30 worked fine but as someone who only sleeps on their side, the front protruding tube connection would sometimes get in the way and jam against the pillow.

I switched to the F30i, and found I liked it quite a bit better than the F30. It not only fit my face better, but the top connecting tube is out of the way if I change sides. I have a beard and have no leaks with the F30i.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:04 pm

My wife and I both used the F20 for a few years. We switched to the Evora about six months ago and are very happy with it. While I never had a leakage problem with the F20, my wife did. She has had much less of a problem with the Evora.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Xchief30

Post by Xchief30 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:32 pm

I believe some places will give you a 30 day trial period on the mask, so you have nothing to lose by trying it.

Albatros

Post by Albatros » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:08 am

Thank you all.

In France we don't have the "try and buy" system. Unfortunately.

mets123

Post by mets123 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:07 am

I use the Evora full when I need a break from taping which I do with nasal masks. The seal is excellent and I usually get no leaks due to the stability of the frame. I do have to place a small piece of air filter over the exhalation ports to reduce the air that hits my pillow otherwise it’s a better mask for me and I’ve tried them all.