Airfit N30i nasal cushion

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SBarrett

Airfit N30i nasal cushion

Post by SBarrett » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:19 am

Curious. Has anyone else thrown in the redesigned cushion into water for cleaning, forgetting to remove the filter? This was a first and hopefully only time. I had no problem with the original and wish it were still an option.

Additional Comments: Recall replacement: Presets: Ramp 5/14 Night 1--OK. Night 2 (1/10/23)--difficult--Ramp 5 feels very different with new setup

ChicagoGranny

Re: Airfit N30i nasal cushion

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:23 am

The mask has a filter??

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:56 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:23 am
The mask has a filter??
No, it's a diffuser. It *looks* like a filter, and the mesh appears to be made of the same material as the Air10 filter, so people often call it a filter.

We know it's not a filter because air is always vented out that port and deliberately filtering a venting port doesn't make sense.

SBarrett wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:19 am
Curious. Has anyone else thrown in the redesigned cushion into water for cleaning, forgetting to remove the filter? This was a first and hopefully only time. I had no problem with the original and wish it were still an option.
Yes, I've washed it a couple times. I try to remember to take it out when washing my cushion, because when it gets wet the water tends to spread the staining on it and it looks unappealing. But it's no big deal washing it, ReSmed even encourages it.

https://ap.resmed.com/knowledge/how-do- ... -p30i-mask
Wash all components with soapy water, rinse thoroughly and let air dry out of direct sunlight. Shake the QuietAir vent to remove any excess water. For the frame sleeves, squeeze with a clean towel to remove excess water
After washing, I put the tank back in, put the mask on the tube and then run a couple mask fits to dry everything, including the mesh vent.

When mine got too discoloured, I took the mesh out, cut an identical sized shape out of a ResMed filter and replaced it. I've been using it ever since.

corgan115

Post by corgan115 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:14 pm

I have never taken the filter out when washing. I didn't realize I was supposed to.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:15 pm

corgan115 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:14 pm
I have never taken the filter out when washing. I didn't realize I was supposed to.
You don't have to!

After I have finished washing mine, every morning, I blow a couple of lungfuls of air back through the disperser from the outside to dry it out quickly. and I have found that stops any general discolouring of the disperser material. :idea: