Dreamstation 2 not registering usage

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kell278

Dreamstation 2 not registering usage

Post by Kell278 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:51 am

Hi everyone! I have been using a CPAP now for well over 5 years. In July, Philips sent me a Dreamstation 2 to replace my recalled System one. I have to say I'm not overly impressed so far. My API went up from a 3 to 9 using the same size and brand mask as with my prior machine. Today i noticed my usage was logged at 54 minutes at last use which I thought was odd considering I put the mask on at 11 and wore it until 6 am. I logged into my Dream Mapping app and it says i have not worn my mask for more than an hour all week even though i consistently wear it. They did not send a new SD card with the Dreamstation so I used the one from my System One. Anyone else having this issue or have any recomnendations? My doctor decided to move and I could not get an appt with a new doc till late July. My DMI wont see me without a prescription.

jtravel

Re: Dreamstation 2 not registering usage

Post by jtravel » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:11 am

Did you set your Min & Max pressures to what you were currently using on the New Dreamstation 2 ? Several have reported the DS2 they received did not have their prescription set and were instead just default values. I have been using the DS2 I received and My AHI is basically the same with my normal pressures. I did try it out at default pressure values and my AHI was much higher.
I set the DS2 up for dreammapper and It works fine but very limited on the info it provides. I would suggest you download and use Oscar or Try sleepHQ https://home.sleephq.com/ to look at the data and graphs that you upload off your SD card.

Grumpy48

Re: Dreamstation 2 not registering usage

Post by Grumpy48 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:04 am

I have a Dreamstation 2 I got as a replacement for the recalled Dreamstation 1. When I got the DS2 and powered it on the settings I had on file from the DS1 got uploaded to the DS2. Your circumstances may be different and as jtravel noted yours may have the default settings which need to be changed to the prescript you had on your System One. The basic settings of your DS2 should show in DreamMapper if you open the 'Show Details' item. If you need to access the settings in the DS2 to make a change you would need to access the provider/clinician menu which is opened by holding the start button for several seconds and swiping down on the display screen. Also regarding DreamMapper, open the 'Settings'/'Account' tab and be sure your DS2 is shown as your 'Primary Device' and not the previous System One.
If you haven't yet done so, it might be a good idea to reformat the SD card (FAT32) so as to clear any data that may be left over from the the System One machine.