My First Sleep with Bleep Eclipse Halos.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jlsmithseven

My First Sleep with Bleep Eclipse Halos.

Post by jlsmithseven » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:27 am

Hi guys.
So, I've been using the Bleep Dreamport solution since early this Summer. They have been hit and miss, but I finally figured out a system that works and it works well with them. I was so excited to receive the Bleep Eclipse system last night after being eager since I ordered them in June. Well, after using an entire sheet last night after getting them lined up, I ripped them off after wearing only 3 hours. Then I pondered for so long on what I was doing wrong since almost everyone I've read about likes them so much better than the dreamports. I think I figured out why they won't work for me. My nostrils are oval shaped and my nose depth is not that large.

The openings on the dreamports are oval shaped, so I can grab the ends and line them up perfectly with my nostrils. The new Halos are round shaped and there's nothing to grab onto. The sides of my nose were really sore last night to the point I couldn't fall back asleep.

Also, the weight of the new connector system Eclipse is almost 2x as heavy as the original. I know there are so many pros to the Halos like the magnet and I found the diffuser is much better than the last design, but I am not a fan of this new system like I thought I would be. Does anyone have any suggestions? I just paid for a Quarterly bundle and don't want to use it! I really hope they don't stop making Dreamports because they work so great for me.

I've watched every video and read every word on the instruction pamphlet included with the new system. Thank you.

GeneMpls

Re: My First Sleep with Bleep Eclipse Halos.

Post by GeneMpls » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:01 am

An easy solution might be to sell it to me? PM me if that interests you. I like the Bleep system but struggle with the latches. Gene

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:26 am

You should call Stuart at bleep. I got my Eclipse package two days ago and they worked great both nights. While the opening of the ports may seem smaller they are not. I just grabbed a used DreamPort I pulled off the tape to recycle and placed it over the ring on the Halo and the ring is actually smaller in circumference by maybe 1/32.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:26 am

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:27 am
Hi guys.
So, I've been using the Bleep Dreamport solution since early this Summer. They have been hit and miss, but I finally figured out a system that works and it works well with them. I was so excited to receive the Bleep Eclipse system last night after being eager since I ordered them in June. Well, after using an entire sheet last night after getting them lined up, I ripped them off after wearing only 3 hours. Then I pondered for so long on what I was doing wrong since almost everyone I've read about likes them so much better than the dreamports. I think I figured out why they won't work for me. My nostrils are oval shaped and my nose depth is not that large.

The openings on the dreamports are oval shaped, so I can grab the ends and line them up perfectly with my nostrils. The new Halos are round shaped and there's nothing to grab onto. The sides of my nose were really sore last night to the point I couldn't fall back asleep.

Also, the weight of the new connector system Eclipse is almost 2x as heavy as the original. I know there are so many pros to the Halos like the magnet and I found the diffuser is much better than the last design, but I am not a fan of this new system like I thought I would be. Does anyone have any suggestions? I just paid for a Quarterly bundle and don't want to use it! I really hope they don't stop making Dreamports because they work so great for me.

I've watched every video and read every word on the instruction pamphlet included with the new system. Thank you.

I agree that you should call Stuart first. My nostrils too are oval-shaped and one is larger than the other :shock: , but the Halos work well for me. I don't find my dreamports to be oval, but perhaps that's me.

Of course, mask fit/preference is highly individual. If after consulting Stuart, you still can't make it work, I think you will find plenty of takers if you decide to sell, as evidenced by GeneMpls' offer.

Good luck!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:58 pm

I thought about selling it yes but it’s disappointing since i waited so long. I want to try it without cutting the sticky part and see how it goes. I know a lot of people here like it a lot but honestly the dreamports solution works very well for me I don’t have any issues with it. The magnets are nice but I can put the dreamports on just fine and find them much more comfortable. Give me a little time and let me reach out to Stuart to see what his thoughts are.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:26 pm

If weight is an issue, consider hanging the hose above your head.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:14 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:58 pm
I know a lot of people here like it a lot but honestly the dreamports solution works very well for me I don’t have any issues with it.
a mask is a very personal thing. just because a lot of folk like it doesn't mean YOU have to like it.

i'm devoted to my p10 nasal pillow mask, but i don't expect for everyone else to fall in love with it.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:32 pm

I suggest just putting them away for a bit. Changing a mask is a big deal and it could just be you need to have the right opportunity to try them again. if at a later time you try them again and find they just don’t work, then you gave it the old college try. If you sell them off now and want to try them again later, you will have to get new ones.

I can’t count how many times I put the P10 in a drawer accompanied by rather colourful language. I started just wearing it around, much to the amusement of the family. Then I used them for a nap for a few weeks, then finally to sleep. By then I was comfortable with them. I did the same thing with my Bleep DreamPorts, having to burn through quite a few of them in the process. Now I use them nightly and can connect them on the first or second try. It just took time, patience, and more patience.

Good luck!
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:40 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:32 pm
It just took time, patience, and more patience.
this seems to be the way of most things cpap.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:32 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:32 pm
I suggest just putting them away for a bit. Changing a mask is a big deal and it could just be you need to have the right opportunity to try them again. if at a later time you try them again and find they just don’t work, then you gave it the old college try. If you sell them off now and want to try them again later, you will have to get new ones.

I can’t count how many times I put the P10 in a drawer accompanied by rather colourful language. I started just wearing it around, much to the amusement of the family. Then I used them for a nap for a few weeks, then finally to sleep. By then I was comfortable with them. I did the same thing with my Bleep DreamPorts, having to burn through quite a few of them in the process. Now I use them nightly and can connect them on the first or second try. It just took time, patience, and more patience.

Good luck!
i understand this....but what makes the halo design superior other than the magnets? i can do just fine with dreamports. now i get it for older folk or those with hand weakness but why should i change?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:44 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:32 pm
but why should i change?
Obviously, you shouldn't.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:56 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:32 pm
i can do just fine with dreamports. now i get it for older folk or those with hand weakness but why should i change?
There's no law that says you have to change.
There's no urgent need to change either.

So......don't change. Pretty simple.

And don't feel badly about not falling in love with the new version.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:57 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
The openings on the dreamports are oval shaped, so I can grab the ends and line them up perfectly with my nostrils.
No they're not, they're round too.

in fact, it looks like Stuart is using the exact same adhesive pieces, just with a steel ring instead of the plastic tubes.

I mean, (after measuring with the calipers, you're *technically* right, since the circular posts are attached on an angle, and it looks like there's about a half a millimeter difference in one direction measuring the nose side of the posts vs measuring at a 90 degree angle to that.

I'd argue it's an imperceptible difference if one isn't just LOOKING for something to complain about.
jlsmithseven wrote:
The new Halos are round shaped and there's nothing to grab onto. The sides of my nose were really sore last night to the point I couldn't fall back asleep
I find the halo's *MUCH* easier to apply accurately to my nose.

As I said elsewhere, there's no reason for you to use something you don't like.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:37 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:57 pm
jlsmithseven wrote:
The openings on the dreamports are oval shaped, so I can grab the ends and line them up perfectly with my nostrils.
No they're not, they're round too.

in fact, it looks like Stuart is using the exact same adhesive pieces, just with a steel ring instead of the plastic tubes.

I mean, (after measuring with the calipers, you're *technically* right, since the circular posts are attached on an angle, and it looks like there's about a half a millimeter difference in one direction measuring the nose side of the posts vs measuring at a 90 degree angle to that.

I'd argue it's an imperceptible difference if one isn't just LOOKING for something to complain about.
jlsmithseven wrote:
The new Halos are round shaped and there's nothing to grab onto. The sides of my nose were really sore last night to the point I couldn't fall back asleep
I find the halo's *MUCH* easier to apply accurately to my nose.

As I said elsewhere, there's no reason for you to use something you don't like.
I think I'm caught up on this is what is going to be marketed and i need to stay with the times. I know that Stuart said he will still make the older dreamport style but if everyone likes the new version i know it will be left in the dust eventually.
I tried them again last night and ripped them off after 15 minutes. For some reason, the left side of my nose gets very irritated. I believe it's because of the added weight of the connector hub pulls down my entire nose when I sleep on my side where as the dreamports are much lighter and don't do that. I know I can add my hose hanger but I don't want to, I like sleeping with the hose at my side. I'm going to reach out to Stuart.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:54 pm

Goofy question bearing in mind I don’t have them at my fingertips to access them like some of you do.

can you just stick one on your pinky finger and then to get alongside your nose? like emulating sticking your finger up your nose? And then attaching it that way?

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.