Airsense 11 Water Tank - Not "clicking" in correctly?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gingersnap10

Airsense 11 Water Tank - Not "clicking" in correctly?

Post by gingersnap10 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:50 am

Sorry for the weird title, not sure how else to describe the issue I'm having.

CPAP Newbie here and hoping to get some advice. I'm two months into therapy. I adapted really well and am getting great sleep with my Airsense 11. However in the last week I'm having trouble when I go to insert the water tank. It feels as though it has been inserted correctly but when I put my mask on, the auto-start doesn't register. Then when I turn on the machine manually, air starts blowing out of the tank side. I will sometimes have to take the tank out and re-insert it a dozen times before it is just right.

I feel like I'm going crazy - has anyone else experienced this? I know the 11 is a newer machine so perhaps not. I know the tank itself has been the subject of debate and I have to say as a new user it does seem incredibly poorly designed - so leaky!

LSAT

Re: Airsense 11 Water Tank - Not "clicking" in correctly?

Post by LSAT » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:12 am

Take it back to your supplier...It's under warranty

gingersnap10

Post by gingersnap10 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:17 pm

LSAT wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:12 am
Yea I am trying to get my supplier to look at it but they're just offering basic troubleshooting like make sure it is on a flat surface and try reinserting it. Not at all helpful.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:31 pm

gingersnap10 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:50 am
has anyone else experienced this?
If I remember correctly, others have mentioned it can be difficult to get the humidifier tank seated properly. The extent of your problem seems so great, you should pressure the DME to replace the tank.
gingersnap10 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:50 am
Sorry for the weird title, not sure how else to describe the issue I'm having.
I would have thought you would have titled it "not snapping in correctly".

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:34 pm

gingersnap10 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:17 pm
LSAT wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:12 am
Yea I am trying to get my supplier to look at it but they're just offering basic troubleshooting like make sure it is on a flat surface and try reinserting it. Not at all helpful.
Can you start with requesting a new water chamber to see if that’s the problem.

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:21 pm

They can ignore phone calls and emails, but you walking into the office,
and POLITELY insisting they correct the defect should get their attention.
--Especially if there are other customers present.

lindalrc

Post by lindalrc » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:33 am

There is a design flaw in the AirSense 11.

I was having trouble with my new AirSense 11 tank articulating with the machine and noticed the following. The silicone connector ON THE TANK is round. The silicone connector ON THE MACHINE (you can see when you look inside the tank space) is actually slightly oval. Both are very flexible. They connect simply by pushing against each other - not by fitting into each other. It looks to me as if they gave the AIrSense 11 a bit lower profile than the AirSense 10 and then had a problem with the space needed to put that internal connector. I believe that they are relying on the flexibility of the two connectors to allow a good connection when the two meet. And this, I believe, is a design flaw.

I get the best seal if I wiggle the tank slightly sideways and up and down once the tank is in place. A bit of a nuisance, but the extra 2 seconds have become routine.

Linda

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:17 am

lindalrc wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:33 am
There is a design flaw in the AirSense 11.

I was having trouble with my new AirSense 11 tank articulating with the machine and noticed the following. The silicone connector ON THE TANK is round. The silicone connector ON THE MACHINE (you can see when you look inside the tank space) is actually slightly oval. Both are very flexible. They connect simply by pushing against each other - not by fitting into each other. It looks to me as if they gave the AIrSense 11 a bit lower profile than the AirSense 10 and then had a problem with the space needed to put that internal connector. I believe that they are relying on the flexibility of the two connectors to allow a good connection when the two meet. And this, I believe, is a design flaw.

I get the best seal if I wiggle the tank slightly sideways and up and down once the tank is in place. A bit of a nuisance, but the extra 2 seconds have become routine.

Linda
Maybe try a bit of silicone lubricant on the connecting pieces?
Last edited by Jlfinkels on Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:41 pm

I have an AS11 and have read the comments on here. I examined the unit and pushed the water tub in and out a dozen times without any problems. I don't believe there is a flaw but possibly a problem with some individual units.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:38 pm

LSAT wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:41 pm
I have an AS11 and have read the comments on here. I examined the unit and pushed the water tub in and out a dozen times without any problems. I don't believe there is a flaw but possibly a problem with some individual units.
whew-ok. So it’s not just me. I am happy to report I’ve had no issues since I got mine 5+ m ago.

Is it possible it’s a question of defective water chamber and not necessarily the machine?

Just curious.

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

No snore

Post by No snore » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:05 pm

The silicone cushions do not connect to each other. The one on the tank touches the machine, and the one on the machine touches the tank.

bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:23 am

See if the silicone connector on the tank is out of round. Try and jiggle it so it is more rounded, and then see if it fits OK.

CyberSpiff

Post by CyberSpiff » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:37 am

No snore wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:05 pm
The silicone cushions do not connect to each other. The one on the tank touches the machine, and the one on the machine touches the tank.
There is no silicon on a ResMed water chamber other than the one between the upper and lower chambers. There is only connecting silicon on the CPAP machine.

Note: Thanks to LynnInNJ for the correction that there is a silicon seal on the water chamber. Mea Culpa.
Last edited by CyberSpiff on Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no right or wrong side of the road. There is only the road.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:35 pm

CyberSpiff wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:37 am
No snore wrote:
There is no silicon on a ResMed water chamber other than the one between the upper and lower chambers. There is only connecting silicon on the CPAP machine.
In the 11 there is most def silicone on the back upper left in that pic where you slip the chamber into the machine. Also between upper and lower.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... er-chamber

CyberSpiff

Post by CyberSpiff » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:26 pm

lynninnj wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:35 pm
CyberSpiff wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:37 am
No snore wrote:
In the 11 there is most def silicone on the back upper left in that pic where you slip the chamber into the machine. Also between upper and lower.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... er-chamber
Thanks. I don’t have an 11 so made the poor assumption they were all alike. I did look at that picture but could not tell if there was any silicon on it other than the usual seal between the chambers.
There is no right or wrong side of the road. There is only the road.