Changing CPAP Pressure

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Huskereurocat

Changing CPAP Pressure

Post by Huskereurocat » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:44 pm

I'm definitely not a newby to CPAP. I used it for years and then through my own frustration with a new insurance company, I stopped using my machine. I recently was able to get new supplies for my Dreamstation Pro, but I think the amount of pressure that is needed has changed. The problem is that I now have a new supplier. How would I get the pressure level changed now?

robysue1

Re: Changing CPAP Pressure

Post by robysue1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:04 am

Huskereurocat wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:44 pm
How would I get the pressure level changed now?
Learn how to get into the clinical menu and do it yourself. You can get the Clinical manual and read the instructions for changing the clinical settings.

And by the way: Has your DreamStation Pro been replaced or refurbished under the PR recall?
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

Huskereurocat

Post by Huskereurocat » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:40 am

Thanks for the information. I'll give it a go.

No it hasn't. How do I go about that?

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:20 am

Huskereurocat wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:40 am
Thanks for the information. I'll give it a go.

No it hasn't. How do I go about that?
Go to https://www.philipssrcupdate.expertinqu ... /?ulang=en and follow the instructions for registering your device. Then be prepared to wait for a very long time. Some of us registered our xPAPs well over a year ago and we're still waiting for them to be replaced under the recall. But even as frustrating as it is, it's important to get you device registered and in the queue for being replaced.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

Huskereurocat

Post by Huskereurocat » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:18 pm

Will do and thanks!

Huskereurocat

Post by Huskereurocat » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:23 am

Registered and thank you!

A couple of other questions.
1. How do we prevent water build up in the hose and mask? I have my setting at 3, tried to go to 2 and while the water in the tube didn't happen for the last couple of nights, I would wake up with a dry nose. If I set it back to 3, I'm awakened in the middle of the night with loud popping noises and I have to drain my mask and the hose. Quite irritating!

2. Is there a recommended night eye mask to use with these CPAP machine headsets? The one that I have is nice and keeps the light out, but it won't work with the CPAP headset. I really need to have it completely dark, especially when the light comes through the blinds in the morning.

Thanks and I appreciate all your help!

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:18 am

Huskereurocat wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:23 am

1. How do we prevent water build up in the hose and mask? I have my setting at 3, tried to go to 2 and while the water in the tube didn't happen for the last couple of nights, I would wake up with a dry nose. If I set it back to 3, I'm awakened in the middle of the night with loud popping noises and I have to drain my mask and the hose. Quite irritating!

2. Is there a recommended night eye mask to use with these CPAP machine headsets? The one that I have is nice and keeps the light out, but it won't work with the CPAP headset. I really need to have it completely dark, especially when the light comes through the blinds in the morning.

1. Do you have your machine on the floor or at least below mattress level? Or is it hanging from a tube hanger?

2. I’ve searched for one but couldn’t find any really made for cpap. I just put mine on very lightly if I need to use it.

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:52 am

I sometimes use these, with masks that have headgear https://seatosummit.com/products/eye-shades
But there's a mask with no headgear at all: the Bleep

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:08 pm

Huskereurocat wrote:

1. How do we prevent water build up in the hose and mask?
do you have a heated hose?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Huskereurocat

Post by Huskereurocat » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:41 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:18 am
Huskereurocat wrote:

1. Do you have your machine on the floor or at least below mattress level? Or is it hanging from a tube hanger?

2. I’ve searched for one but couldn’t find any really made for cpap. I just put mine on very lightly if I need to use it.
I'm glad you brought that idea up. My machine sits on my night stand which sits a couple of inches above my mattress. I'll try putting it lower on the side of my bed.

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:00 pm

How about putting up Blackout Curtains in your bedroom? One less thing to have on your face and have to fiddle with.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

Huskereurocat

Post by Huskereurocat » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:56 pm

Huskereurocat wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:41 pm
jlsmithseven wrote:
Huskereurocat wrote:

I'm glad you brought that idea up. My machine sits on my night stand which sits a couple of inches above my mattress. I'll try putting it lower on the side of my bed.
jlsmithseven wrote:
Huskereurocat wrote:

I put my machine on a cutting board on the floor beside my bed and still get the condensation that builds up and then wakes me with the tube filling up with water in the middle of the night. I have a hanger on the way, but I don't see how that will do anything more than putting the machine on the floor. Any other suggestions? For now I've lowered the humidity level down one level and while it does the trick my nose dries out by morning.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:48 am

The higher to tube temp, the less chance you have of water condensing in it, since warmer air carries more humidity.
Leave the humidity where you want it and see how you fare with a higher temperature.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Huskereurocat

Post by Huskereurocat » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:55 pm

ozij wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:48 am
The higher to tube temp, the less chance you have of water condensing in it, since warmer air carries more humidity.
Leave the humidity where you want it and see how you fare with a higher temperature.
I don't have a heated tube. Is that something that I need to get from the supply company or will one of those that I see on Amazon for the dreamstation do the trick? And I just noticed that they are only available on Amazon for those with a healthcare licsense. :roll: