data transmit fee

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
goro

data transmit fee

Post by goro » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:18 pm

I am sorry these would be very stupid questions for many people here.

I am using Airsense 11 and I am currently in JPN.
1. How does App my air get the data? CPAP device --- App my air or CPAP device -- Cloud --- App my air
2. How to check the data transmit happened or not?
3. Who is paying the data transmit cost? In domestic, I have not receive any bill for the data transmit.
4. If I use Airplane mode long time, eg 2 weeks, will it cause the issue to record the sleeping data?

Before trip, I was informed the data will not be transmitted until I come back USA. Then, I noticed I could see my last night sleeping record on App my air even in Japan. Does it mean the data transmitted even outside of USA? If they (Resmed?) bill me the international data transmit fee, I am thinking to use airplane mode.

Jlfinkels

Re: data transmit fee

Post by Jlfinkels » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:08 pm

goro wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:18 pm
I am sorry these would be very stupid questions for many people here.

I am using Airsense 11 and I am currently in JPN.
1. How does App my air get the data? CPAP device --- App my air or CPAP device -- Cloud --- App my air
2. How to check the data transmit happened or not?
3. Who is paying the data transmit cost? In domestic, I have not receive any bill for the data transmit.
4. If I use Airplane mode long time, eg 2 weeks, will it cause the issue to record the sleeping data?

Before trip, I was informed the data will not be transmitted until I come back USA. Then, I noticed I could see my last night sleeping record on App my air even in Japan. Does it mean the data transmitted even outside of USA? If they (Resmed?) bill me the international data transmit fee, I am thinking to use airplane mode.
Your questions are not silly at all. My answers below are based on your machine using cellular and not the newer card-to-cloud.

1. Resmed devices use M2M data transmission
2. If the data shows up in MyAir it made it
3. Data transmission fees are covered by Resmed
4. We’ll need one of the experts to chime in as I’m not sure what happens when you leave it in airplane mode for an extended time

I’ve taken my Resmed to a number of countries in Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia, and it has always worked sending my data to the Resmed cloud. No reason to use airplane mode if you are worried about fees as there are none.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 pm

The Internet is all over the world.
More people have cellphones than indoor toilets.

goro

Post by goro » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:25 pm

[/quote]

Your questions are not silly at all. My answers below are based on your machine using cellular and not the newer card-to-cloud.

1. Resmed devices use M2M data transmission
2. If the data shows up in MyAir it made it
3. Data transmission fees are covered by Resmed
4. We’ll need one of the experts to chime in as I’m not sure what happens when you leave it in airplane mode for an extended time

I’ve taken my Resmed to a number of countries in Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia, and it has always worked sending my data to the Resmed cloud. No reason to use airplane mode if you are worried about fees as there are none.
[/quote]

Hi,
Thank you! Yes, my concern was there are fees for data transmission. I called my CPAP supplier, what they keep saying no data transmission until I go back USA. Since they believe no data transmission outside USA, they do not answer if there is fees for the data transmission.

goro

Post by goro » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:26 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 pm
The Internet is all over the world.
More people have cellphones than indoor toilets.
Yes, but I was informed the data was not transmitted until I go back USA. Actually, it seems the data was transmitted even outside USA and I am worried if I would receive extra bill.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:37 pm

There are no fees charged to the patient (cpap user) for any data transmission to either MyAir (which the patient has access to) or AirView (which is the DME/doctor website).

ResMed takes care of any cellular bills.
MyAir is free to the patient.
Now AirView may have some fees involved but if there are any the DME/doctor pays ResMed to access AirView.

I have never heard of any patient being charged for data transmission via the cellular service used by ResMed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

goro

Post by goro » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:11 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:37 pm
There are no fees charged to the patient (cpap user) for any data transmission to either MyAir (which the patient has access to) or AirView (which is the DME/doctor website).

ResMed takes care of any cellular bills.
MyAir is free to the patient.
Now AirView may have some fees involved but if there are any the DME/doctor pays ResMed to access AirView.

I have never heard of any patient being charged for data transmission via the cellular service used by ResMed.
Hi, thank you. I called Resmed US. They did not clearly mention who pays the data transmission cost but it sounds I do not need to worry.