Airsense 10 no longer uploads data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
andy88488

Airsense 10 no longer uploads data

Post by andy88488 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:15 am

Hi all,

I went to Europe last week, and my Airsense 10 did not upload any data to the Resmed server during the trip. I bought this unit outright, so the only thing that the data is used for is to give me feedback in myAir app. It's not terribly informative, but it's useful for letting me know when the mask is leaking.

I didn't think anything of it at that time, because I thought maybe it couldn't reach the cell network outside of the US, but when I got home, it still did not upload data. And when I looked at the little cell signal icon in the upper right of the screen, it shows the "no signal" indicator.

I've tried rebooting the machine, and that doesn't help. I don't think that I want to send it for repair, but is there any kind of quick and dirty fix that I might try myself?

Thanks,
Andy
Resmed Airsense Autoset 10
Resmed Airfit F20 Mask

Pugsy

Re: Airsense 10 no longer uploads data

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:21 am

Check those stickers on the bottom of your machine and look to see if your machine uses 3 G or 4 or 5 G for cellular transmission.
3 G has been faded out and if that is what is in your machine then there is nothing you can do to fix the problem.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:26 am

You can get the same data...and much more...on your machines screen the minute you get up. Be sure that the ESSENSIALS setting is PLUS. If your machine was manufactured in 2015/16 it may have a 3G modem. They are no longer being recognized.

andy88488

Post by andy88488 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:06 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:21 am
Check those stickers on the bottom of your machine and look to see if your machine uses 3 G or 4 or 5 G for cellular transmission.
3 G has been faded out and if that is what is in your machine then there is nothing you can do to fix the problem.
Thanks, Pugsy! I bought my machine in 2019, so hopefully it's around that vintage. I'll check when I get home. I hadn't thought about the whole 3G thing, but that could definitely be it.

Regards,
Andy
Resmed Airfit F20 Mask

andy88488

Post by andy88488 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:08 am

LSAT wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:26 am
You can get the same data...and much more...on your machines screen the minute you get up. Be sure that the ESSENSIALS setting is PLUS. If your machine was manufactured in 2015/16 it may have a 3G modem. They are no longer being recognized.
Thanks! I bought the machine in 2019, so hopefully it's newer than 2016. I've never looked at the machine screen for any information, so I guess I'll have to start. Do you have any idea how long last night's info is available?

Regards,
Andy
Resmed Airfit F20 Mask

Iamstumped

Post by Iamstumped » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:14 am

The "onscreen" info is only available until the next time that you turn on your machine.
I would suggest that you get an SD Card, insert it into your machine, and you can then look at a lot more of your data, on a computer, any time that you want to.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:17 am

andy88488 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:08 am
Do you have any idea how long last night's info is available?
On the AirSense/AirCurve 10 models the data available on the LCD screen (once you have essentials set to plus) will be present until you start a new sleep session tonight...or if you take a nap today.

Used to be with past models that the LCD data reset to 0.0 at noon with the reset of the 24 hour sleep session data but I have been able to see the LCD data even right before bedtime....as long as I haven't started a new session.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:19 am

Iamstumped wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:14 am
The "onscreen" info is only available until the next time that you turn on your machine.
I would suggest that you get an SD Card, insert it into your machine, and you can then look at a lot more of your data, on a computer, any time that you want to.
On screen data is available for the day, week, month, 3 months 6 months. Not as good as Oscar, but FAR better than the MyAir Report Card.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:04 pm

Any chance the airplane mode was turned on?

Agreed that the sd card is best.

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:10 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the machine reports AVERAGE for 3 or 6 months, not day by day.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:38 pm

clownbell wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:10 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the machine reports AVERAGE for 3 or 6 months, not day by day.
The machine will report whatever parameter you set it for.
The default from factory is a 30 day average but you can do a single day or week or change it to whatever parameter a person wants that is available. I forget all the exact choices but I know it will do a single day if that is what someone wants.

It definitely will do a day by day though if that is what someone sets up.

andy88488

Post by andy88488 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:03 pm

lynninnj wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:04 pm
Any chance the airplane mode was turned on?

Agreed that the sd card is best.
Yeah, unfortunately I checked and Airplane mode was NOT on. I even tried turning Airplane Mode on and off again.
Resmed Airfit F20 Mask

andy88488

Post by andy88488 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:04 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:38 pm
clownbell wrote:
The default from factory is a 30 day average but you can do a single day or week or change it to whatever parameter a person wants that is available. I forget all the exact choices but I know it will do a single day if that is what someone wants.

Pugsy, where do you go to do that? Is it on the Provider Menu? I have to confess that I got the machine set up the way I wanted it, and then never touched anything but the on/off button after that!
Resmed Airfit F20 Mask

andy88488

Post by andy88488 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:06 pm

Iamstumped wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:14 am
I have an SD card, and every once in a while, I upload my info into OSCAR. But I find this of little use, so I don't do it that often.

Don't get me wrong, OSCAR is great, but my AHI when treated is extremely low, so there isn't really much information on the reports.
Resmed Airfit F20 Mask

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:14 pm

andy88488 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:04 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:38 pm
clownbell wrote:

Pugsy, where do you go to do that? Is it on the Provider Menu? I have to confess that I got the machine set up the way I wanted it, and then never touched anything but the on/off button after that!

Provider/clinical manual explains it all.
https://www.respshop.com/manuals/ResMed ... %20her.pdf