Res Med Air Curve 10 ST SHUTS OFF

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CARPENTER-MATE

Res Med Air Curve 10 ST SHUTS OFF

Post by CARPENTER-MATE » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:55 pm

Hello Friends

I've been using Res Med Air Curve 10 ST for about (1 1/2 years). Its a BIPAP machine ... For the several months it shuts off (intermittently) prematurely sometime during my sleep cylce.

Possible Reasons:
Momentary power failure? Or is it something else? Its nerve wracking as I wake up gasping for air ....

Any ideas ....?

Thank you ...

Pugsy

Re: Res Med Air Curve 10 ST SHUTS OFF

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:23 pm

What are your leak numbers?

Do you have SmartStart turned on/enabled or turned off?
If SmartStart is turned on and there is a very big leak the machine will turn itself off.

Check the plug in at the back of the machine. If it gets loose sometimes there will be disruption of the power supply.

Check your power brick cord and all connections.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CARPENTER-MATE

Post by CARPENTER-MATE » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:36 am

Thanx for the reply Pugsy ...

There are no leaks ....(never a red warning indicator) the numbers at the end of the sleep cycle are usually good (below eight)

The Power Brick supplies constant power .... the connection is SOLID ..

Filters are replaced with a new filter every two-three weeks ... Have checked EVERYTHING here (in the link below) ... I may have to replace the power supply (perhaps it can't be trusted)? But I seem to doubt it ...

https://www.resmed.com.au/knowledge-hub ... f-at-night

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:36 am

CARPENTER-MATE wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:36 am
Thanx for the reply Pugsy ...

There are no leaks ....(never a red warning indicator) the numbers at the end of the sleep cycle are usually good (below eight)

The Power Brick supplies constant power .... the connection is SOLID ..

Filters are replaced with a new filter every two-three weeks ... Have checked EVERYTHING here (in the link below) ... I may have to replace the power supply (perhaps it can't be trusted)? But I seem to doubt it ...

https://www.resmed.com.au/knowledge-hub ... f-at-night
Since you've done all the self-help trouble shooting to address the issue of why your AirCurve 10 ST is shutting off in the middle of the night, it's probably time to actually take the machine into a DME and ask them if it needs an actual repair.

The real question is whether the DME can get you a loaner machine until yours can be fixed or replaced while it is still (probably) under warranty since it's only 1 1/2 years old.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

McSleepy

Post by McSleepy » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:21 pm

CARPENTER-MATE wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:36 am
The machine firmware has its own idea of what a leak whould be (airflow and duration thresholds, onset, etc.) Those probably vary depending on multiple settings, such as set pressures, mask type, and so on. It is maybe unwise to rule out the the "SmartStart" feature as the culprit. I know I had the same problem as you and it went away after I turned it off: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto turning off spontaneously. I hope this helps.
McSleepy

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto; Puritan-Bennett Breeze nasal pillow mask; healthy, active, middle-aged man; tall, athletic build; stomach sleeper; on CPAP since 2003; lives @ 5000 ft; surgically-corrected deviated septum and turbinates; regular nasal washes