CPAP feeling lump in throat & sore throat; last sleep study 8 years ago & significant wt loss

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bailey5

CPAP feeling lump in throat & sore throat; last sleep study 8 years ago & significant wt loss

Post by Bailey5 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:31 am

Hi:
3 issues:
1. Recent 45 lb wt loss. Might that change/eliminate my need for CPAP?
2. I was told I had Severe sleep apnea 8 years ago @ my one and only sleep study.
3. Symptoms: lump in throat esp when swallowing, slight sore throat-no temperature, right side of neck tenderness; esp when moving.
I also have stage 4 breast cancer on Ibrance & Femara & maybe it’s cancer or med related; but I don’t see oncologist til November.
Thank you very much. Goodnight💤😴

Julie

Re: CPAP feeling lump in throat & sore throat; last sleep study 8 years ago & significant wt loss

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:38 am

Hi, wouldn't even begin to guess if your symptoms relate to Cpap, considering your other diagnosis and I strongly urge you to see a doctor before November if at all possible. Certainly do not presume symptoms are necessariiy Cpap or OSA related.

And you can't know if you need to continue Cpap without a new sleep lab test whether or not you've lost weight.

Please let us know how things go, and take care of yourself.

ozij

Re: CPAP feeling lump in throat & sore throat; last sleep study 8 years ago & significant wt loss

Post by ozij » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:54 am

I second what Julie said.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:59 am

Bailey5 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:31 am
1. Recent 45 lb wt loss. Might that change/eliminate my need for CPAP?
Maybe, maybe not. Only way to know for sure would be another sleep study without cpap.
Or maybe it changed your pressure needs....we just don't have any way to know with certainty without further testing.

So I will 3rd what the others have said. Please convey your questions and concerns to your doctor and I wouldn't wait until the Nov appt. At least alert your PCP. With your history we just don't go screwing around and taking a lot of time with anything.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:51 am

Please report your symptoms to a member of your medical team, preferably your oncologist. They may mean nothing, but they may call for immediate attention. Don't wait until November -- please.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:39 pm

Miss Emerita wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:51 am
Please report your symptoms to a member of your medical team, preferably your oncologist. They may mean nothing, but they may call for immediate attention. Don't wait until November -- please.
I heartily second that plea.