resmed airsense 11

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
daytonagirl1977

resmed airsense 11

Post by daytonagirl1977 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:32 am

Hi all, new here and new cpap user. I have the resmed airsense 11 and Ive been trying to sync it to my phone/myair app and it constantly says cant find. anyone had this problem?
my bluetooth is on, my machine shows up on my phone to but when i click on it, it doesnt highlight so i cant click "done". the option to search nearby devices is on, ive unplugged and plugged back in the machine to reset it, the picture of my cpap shows up on my phone screen. when i look at my screen on he machine, it only has one bar in the right upper corner, makes me think, it should have all five bars showing its connected to something?
ive tried everything.
appreciate any input

ChicagoGranny

Re: resmed airsense 11

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:34 am

daytonagirl1977 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:32 am
I have the resmed airsense 11 and Ive been trying to sync it to my phone/myair app
Welcome!

Your machine does not communicate directly with your MyAir app. The machine uploads data via cell towers to a ResMed server. Your MyAir app downloads data via wifi or cell tower (according to your phone data settings) from the ResMed server.

Make sure your phone is set to allow data to download. Make sure you are logged into the MyAir app. Check under your MyAir app profile that the serial number is the same one as your machine.

daytonagirl1977

Post by daytonagirl1977 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:35 am

when the myair app opens on my phone, it asks me to click on the picture of my machine, i do that, it constantly searches and says "not found" "try again". so because of that, i havent been able to make an account or log in on my phone. my bluetooth is on and so is the option to search for nearby devices. the machine only has one bar and it should have more than that to connect. from what i have read so far, it sounds like my machine is unable to connect to a tower maybe because of the area i live in and thats why it only has one bar on my machine. im fearful that the data has not been collected over the past week that i have used the machine. im thinking i may have to use the SD card option if i cannot connect

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:04 am

There is plenty of info right on the LCD as soon as you power it off. My Air and those other apps were developed so the DME can collect "hours of use" for billing insurance nothing more. DME has to prove the patient is using the device. They use to have to visit your house to read directly off the cpap.

Take charge of your healthcare.
Try this FREE software to see if you can tell what is going on.

Oscar is a good choice for more info esp. the graphs.

viewtopic/p1414015/OSCAR-140-Released-- ... l#p1414015

The same Myair info available on the cpap screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNR8QuODRis

obtw Welcome to the zoo. Disregard the derailers if you can.
Last edited by SleepGeek on Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

daytonagirl1977

Post by daytonagirl1977 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:37 am

there is data on my screen, but it is just a daily collection from the night, not over the span of time that i used it. You are correct about the DME/Data. i need that data to prove compliance for my insurance company to pay for my machine. which is why this is so important for the data to be collected and i reached out
thanks for the info

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:53 am

In my town ResMed uses ATT cell towers. Problem is I have very poor cell service with ATT, 1 bar at best. So she gave me an SD card and I can bring that to my doctor and insert it in my reader on my computer to use OSCAR. You get much more information with OSCAR than MyAir anyway. With my 1 bar I was able to set up MyAir and it transmits to my phone. Have you tried uninstalling the app and downloading it again? Also try relocating your cpap temporarily to another room if you can install by can't synch. It might help give just enough cell coverage to transmit.

southerndoc

Post by southerndoc » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:09 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:34 am
daytonagirl1977 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:32 am
I have the resmed airsense 11 and Ive been trying to sync it to my phone/myair app
Welcome!

Your machine does not communicate directly with your MyAir app. The machine uploads data via cell towers to a ResMed server. Your MyAir app downloads data via wifi or cell tower (according to your phone data settings) from the ResMed server.

Make sure your phone is set to allow data to download. Make sure you are logged into the MyAir app. Check under your MyAir app profile that the serial number is the same one as your machine.
The AS11 has a Bluetooth radio. You can communicate directly with it with your phone. I think you have to put the AS11 in a pairing mode. Having said that, I don't think it does anything. Maybe it's a future function. The AirMini, however, does use Bluetooth and your phone to upload its data. Are you using the MyAir app or the AirMini app?

daytonagirl1977

Post by daytonagirl1977 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:51 am

the area where i live i cant even make phone calls without my cell phone being connected to wifi. i will try moving to different area of the house, i heard that worked for some. i can try to uninstall and reinstall the app, good idea. mine isnt the mini. the pic that shows on the myair app is exactly the one i have, however when i click on it, it constantly searches and says not found. thanks for the ideas, ill try today when i get home. i will also place an SD inside as well. since i feel like i cant count on wireless transmission, im afraid i will lose important data that i need to prove compliance and my progress , more importantly.

thanks again!

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:10 am

daytonagirl1977 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:51 am
i will also place an SD inside as well. since i feel like i cant count on wireless transmission,
I think everyone should have an SD card in their cpap - esp. IF they want to "Take Charge of their Healthcare" and review their daily sleep results.

Expect nothing from your doc and DME and you won't be disappointed.

The numbers the DME needs will be in the cpap until its removed by the mfg or crushed for some reason.
daytonagirl1977 wrote:
im afraid i will lose important data that i need to prove compliance and my progress
The data you need is stored in the cpap and can be collected by the DME (or you) at any point in life.

Take the time to look at those links above when you get a chance.

Also Get a copy of your sleep study AND your equipment order - those will answer many of your questions.
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:13 am

You have a lot of time to prove compliance and everything needed to prove compliance will always be on your machine's internal memory...with or without the SD card being used.
If it doesn't transmit for some reason or other...the data is still available on the machine and/or the SD card once you get a SD card.

Any generic SD card will work. Doesn't just have to be ResMed brand at all. You might even have a suitable SD card laying around somewhere that could be used.

No reason to worry about the compliance data...it's there available even if the machine can't transmit.
I don't understand the phone app though but I think that maybe you need to have the cloud MyAir data website working before you can see it on the phone app...meaning you may need to get done what is needed for you to see your data on your MyAir account before you can have success with the phone app.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:28 am

daytonagirl1977 wrote:
since i feel like i cant count on wireless transmission, im afraid i will lose important data that i need to prove compliance and my progress , more importantly.
I would talk to the DME about this issue. The DME must have other customers whose machines can't communicate with a cell tower. The DME may have a ready solution such as bringing in or mailing in the SD card.

The machine never loses the compliance data unless it is factory reset.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:34 am

SleepGeek wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:04 am
My Air and those other apps were developed so the DME can collect "hours of use" for billing insurance nothing more.

"Nothing more" is not correct. MyAir is a convenient and familiar way for smartphone users to check some basic data. It seems to be a great motivator. My DME reports greatly increased compliance after the implementation of the app.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:52 am

One other point...the cpap should NOT be running when you try to sync the phone and machine.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:50 pm

SleepGeek wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:04 am
There is plenty of info right on the LCD as soon as you power it off. My Air and those other apps were developed so the DME can collect "hours of use" for billing insurance nothing more. DME has to prove the patient is using the device.
MyAir has nothing to do with DMEs, they have access to the cloud data independent of whether the patient uses MyAir. Using MyAir gives the patient access to their compliance and summary data.

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:59 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:34 am
"Nothing more" is not correct. MyAir is a convenient and familiar way for smartphone users to check some basic data. It seems to be a great motivator. My DME reports greatly increased compliance after the implementation of the app.
So you don't remember when the DME's had to come to the patients house to read the compliance data on the cpap screen?

And Further you are saying the manufacturer thinks the end user is their customer?
So they made it convenient for patients to access (4-8 hrs later) to the same data that is on their cpap LCD screen after they turn the power off. That is so kind of them.

Well of course you are entitled to your opinion and so am I.

I stand by my comment.
They are here to help.