ASV vs. ASV Auto? ResMed Aircurve 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
photonic

ASV vs. ASV Auto? ResMed Aircurve 10

Post by photonic » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:38 am

I notice that my ASV machine has a setting for ASV Auto (where it is set now) and just plain ASV.

Does anyone know what the difference is in what the machine is doing on each of these settings?

Why would one choose one over the other?

Thanks
ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
8 years with F&P Oracle mouth mask now changing to
F&P Evora Full with S-M size
Hozer hose management device (a miracle!)
OSCAR software

Pugsy

Re: ASV vs. ASV Auto? ResMed Aircurve 10

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:49 am

Regular ASV mode has a fixed EPAP and auto adjusting IPAP.
Auto ASV mode has an auto adjusting EPAP plus the usual auto adjusting IPAP.

As for which mode might work best for what....I haven't ever really seen any documentation as to why one might be preferred over the other but the auto ASV mode is the newcomer to the modes. Prior to auto ASV mode being made available all that was available was the regular ASV mode for many, many years.

My personal thoughts....since ASV is often used for both OSA and central apnea therapies perhaps auto EPAP is more better for OSA when someone might have situations where there is a high variability in EPAP needs....like when a person might need more EPAP due to position or REM stage sleep pressure needs. No proof though...just my logical mind thinking outside the box.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

photonic

Post by photonic » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:09 am

Thanks Pugsy. Yes, this feature is complex. Thank you for those thoughts. I started exploring my machine because I am have troubles with the machine (seen via OSCAR data) starting to serially up the pressure so that it eventually wakes me up and I have to lean over and press the off button to reset it because otherwise the machine keeps pounding me with higher pressure at a higher resp rate than I want when I am in this awake state and thus cannot fall back asleep until I reset the machine to calm down and let me fall back asleep. This is frustrating. And there are hardly any leaks. It just seems the machine starts to apply higher and higher pressure until it wakes me up. AND AHI is usually around ZERO for the night. Frustrating and I wondered if the ASV vs Auto ASV setting might have something to do with this.
ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
8 years with F&P Oracle mouth mask now changing to
F&P Evora Full with S-M size
Hozer hose management device (a miracle!)
OSCAR software

klv329

Post by klv329 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:34 pm

You may be able to adjust your PS to a lower number. May take some experimenting. The highest setting for PS was too much for me. My PS needs to be 10 or a little higher. Maybe post your settings.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:52 pm

klv329 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:34 pm
You may be able to adjust your PS to a lower number. May take some experimenting. The highest setting for PS was too much for me. My PS needs to be 10 or a little higher. Maybe post your settings.
An ASV doesn't have a single PS setting.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

klv329

Post by klv329 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:30 pm

Ah, yes, Max PS, thsnks