On resmed, AHI "0" last night, is that possible?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
feelingallright

On resmed, AHI "0" last night, is that possible?

Post by feelingallright » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:28 am

Sorry if a silly question, but I am starting to wonder if my machine is measuring my AHI's accurately. Last night it said I had 0 zero AHI's.... diagnosed with severe sleep apnea...I have always been between .4-2.0, and am happy with my scores... but a 0? never had a 0 night... just curious if maybe that is inaccurate.. Have a great day everyone.

Julie

Re: On resmed, AHI "0" last night, is that possible?

Post by Julie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:13 am

Yes, it happens, but as your usual numbers are higher (4 vs e.g. 0.5 or 1) keep an eye on it... if it continues, then you'd want to first look at Oscar results then check out your machine. Also try to think of anything at all that was different about your routine yesterday... meds, food, exercise, etc.

It's a good idea to put the model etc. of which machine and mask you have in your profile to show up under your notes so we can see what you're working with in future - 'Resmed' covers a huge number of possibilities.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:55 am

feelingallright wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:28 am
Sorry if a silly question, but I am starting to wonder if my machine is measuring my AHI's accurately. Last night it said I had 0 zero AHI's.... diagnosed with severe sleep apnea...I have always been between .4-2.0, and am happy with my scores... but a 0? never had a 0 night... just curious if maybe that is inaccurate.. Have a great day everyone.
quite possible. in fact i had zero last night, myself. as julie says, follow it. it may just be a one off.

oh and also? as a new forum member starting out your journey, could you stick to one thread please?

thanks and good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:37 am

feelingallright wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:28 am
I don't want to insult your intelligence......but......OF COURSE IT'S POSSIBLE.....and very common after you've been on this therapy for any length of time. I got them early on in my therapy and still have them often.

Best wishes,

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

KobeT

Post by KobeT » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:00 pm

Very possible especially with a Resmed machine. In 3 years with a Dreamstation 1 I had maybe 2 0.0 AHI nights; in approximately 2 months I get them more often and I even had 3 0.0 AHI's in one week. I think the Resmed treats my Apnea better.
Last edited by KobeT on Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:02 pm

Rare for me, but happens occasionally.

I think a PAP score of zero, much as in tennis, should be called "love," since it's the score we all love to see.

Oddly enough, for some, though, low-score nights don't always result in feeling most refreshed in the morning. But we'll still take it and call it a win.
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:04 pm

A low AHI, is great, especially if the leak rate is also low.
Zeros are possible, but scarce.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:28 pm

KobeT wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:00 pm
Very possible especially with a Resmed machine. In 3 years with a Dreamstation 1 I had maybe 2 0.0 AHI nights; in approximately 2 months I get them more often and I even had 3 0.0 AHI's in one week. I think the Resmed treats my Apnea better.
Doesn't matter which brand you use. If you've got your settings optimally tweaked.....being 'treated is being treated.........and 0.0s are a very good sign the settings are spot on.
If you want to play the "one brand is better than the other" game, go right ahead, but the old Legacy Respironics machines never took a back seat to the ResMed ones. In fact, Respironics was miles ahead of Resmed in the technology and data-capability race. Unfortunately, Respironics allowed themselves to get acquired by Philips.

Ultimately, the proof is in how you feel. This therapy is not a sprint race.....it's a long distance marathon for the rest of our lives.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Mon May 02, 2022 12:14 pm

Regardless of the "score", how do you feel in the morning and throughout the day? AHI and associated numbers are merely indicators, what matters is that you are feeling more rested and alert.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines