New ResMed AirSense 10 - SD Card & OSCAR

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JLROhio

New ResMed AirSense 10 - SD Card & OSCAR

Post by JLROhio » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:10 pm

So, I finally got my replacement CPAP today!

First, thank-god it was the AS 10 AutoSet I was sent as a replacement and not the 11, as I have a ton of supplies for the 10. And...I'm not too fond of the new AS 11 using the same turbine fan motor as the AirMini and the longevity problems of that device. :roll:

Quick couple of question about the SD card & OSCAR usage??

I have my old SD card from my original CPAP - I just downloaded everything from my original CPAP to OSCAR.

- Should I reformat the SD card before putting it in the new machine (to start fresh I guess - prevent any issues with multiple machine S/N on the data)?

- Should I create a new machine profile in OSCAR to record data from the new machine? Will it combine the old data with the new data?

Thanks in advance to those who've gone through this before...this is my first replacement machine. Ah, gotta love that new CPAP smell! NOT! :mrgreen:
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

Pugsy

Re: New ResMed AirSense 10 - SD Card & OSCAR

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:16 pm

JLROhio wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:10 pm
Should I reformat the SD card before putting it in the new machine (to start fresh I guess - prevent any issues with multiple machine S/N on the data)?
Probably should remove the old machine data from the SD card. I don't know if the new machine will care or not but OSCAR may have trouble knowing which file to access for data to download from.
JLROhio wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:10 pm
Should I create a new machine profile in OSCAR to record data from the new machine? Will it combine the old data with the new data?
There is no need for a new profile unless you just want one. OSCAR will combine things just fine.
I have probably 4 different machines listed under one profile in OSCAR and would likely have more but I didn't bother going way back for really old data when I got this new laptop. On the old laptop I had 7 different machines listed under one profile.
The new machine will show up under the "changes in prescription" area.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JLROhio

Re: New ResMed AirSense 10 - SD Card & OSCAR

Post by JLROhio » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:29 pm

Thanks! @Pugsy
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--