No distilled water!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SJ-Paddler

Re: No distilled water!

Post by SJ-Paddler » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:16 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:19 pm
Oh for freaks sake :roll: :roll: have you all never heard of amazon ?
Can someone explain the difference here? :?

APAP Pressure: 13 cm - 15 cm / Average 13.3 cm / 3 cm EPR Pressure Relief

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:19 am

SJ-Paddler wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:16 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:

$8.07/gallon. Plus shipping costs of course.
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:15 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:57 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Oh for freaks sake :roll: :roll: have you all never heard of amazon ? E6EE7811-F588-4520-8847-18435775160D.jpeg

You're welcome.
I thought you said you'd given up trolling.
:lol: :lol: pointing out the obvious is trolling ? I sure don't see anything in my comment that would cause Pugsy to send aliens after me.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:54 am

SJ-Paddler wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:16 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:

the only thing i can think of is perceived convenience. but i wasn't raised that way. i was raised to look at the price per unit.

still, fifty three bucks is a LOT to pay for any sort of convenience.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:18 pm

Amazon Prime is anything but free.
Nothing is truly "free."
For those who need it, convenience is a blessing-
-but if not needed, can be a detriment.

BuckarooBanzai

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:46 pm

Amazon takes care of all my distilled water needs. I buy it via Amazon Fresh and have it delivered to my door within 24 hours. This week: $1.19 per gallon. Generally, they sell it for $0.99/gallon. I live in Sacramento, so pretty close to you in SF. Meaning, if Amazon in my area has distilled water in stock, likely they have it in stock in your area.

I assume you have hard water, as we do? I used tap water in my humidifier tub for a couple of weeks. No residue whatsoever. I was surprised.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:45 pm

BuckarooBanzai wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:46 pm

I assume you have hard water, as we do? I used tap water in my humidifier tub for a couple of weeks. No residue whatsoever. I was surprised.
The amount of mineral scale residue in the water chambers comes with a big YMMV sticker (like everything else)...not just mineral content of the water but humidity settings and how long the humidifier is used will also impact things.

Some lucky people never really have much mineral build up at all.
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:15 am
I sure don't see anything in my comment that would cause Pugsy to send aliens after me.
No...I see no evidence of real trolling either. Maybe someone was attempting a joke of sorts
The aliens won't be sent out ...by me anyway...they are here at my house for a bit taking care of me.
With the way my back feels right now...I expect some really weird reports the next few days. :lol:
They can mess with me all they want to because I don't really give a rats ass. :shock:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:14 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:45 pm
BuckarooBanzai wrote:

The amount of mineral scale residue in the water chambers comes with a big YMMV sticker (like everything else)...not just mineral content of the water but humidity settings and how long the humidifier is used will also impact things.

Some lucky people never really have much mineral build up at all.
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:15 am
I sure don't see anything in my comment that would cause Pugsy to send aliens after me.
No...I see no evidence of real trolling either. Maybe someone was attempting a joke of sorts
The aliens won't be sent out ...by me anyway...they are here at my house for a bit taking care of me.
With the way my back feels right now...I expect some really weird reports the next few days. :lol:
They can mess with me all they want to because I don't really give a rats ass. :shock:
I'm sorry your back is giving you problems right now. My husbands has been extra bad lately too. We wound up in the ER a couple of weeks ago because he thought another disc had collapsed it was so painful. Turned out to be spasming. They pumped him full of more steroids and got it calmed down a little. Waiting on insurance to figure out where we need to go for a MRI so they can see if he needs another fusion or exactly what is going on. He used to be 5'10. He is down to about 5'7.

BuckarooBanzai

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:39 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:45 pm
BuckarooBanzai wrote:

Agreed. The OP lives in San Francisco. I am only a relative 'few' miles away in Sacramento. From what I recall as a Bay Area native and SF resident, I would not be surprised to find our water quite similar. Regarding a variable, my humidity setting is 6 on my AirSense 11 and I run the humidifier 8 hours per day.

I should mention that, when I do use tap water, I dump it out every day, rinse the humidifier tub, and then add fresh tap water at bedtime. So, I try not to leave the tap water sitting around in the tub day after day after day. "Try" being the operative word here.

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:13 am

I have some actual experience with this. OP says he lives in the SF "Area" not the city of SF itself. It depends on exactly where you are. In several cities in the East Bay, the water supplier is East Bay Municipal Utilities District. EBMUD's water is super soft and comes from Sierra runoff. I had EBMUD for many years and it is great stuff. The city of San Francisco has its own water company and they get their water from the Yosemite area, and I imagine it is likely to be good. Pleasanton, the city where I live, has a blend consisting of 80% from a supplier called Zone 7 and 20% from groundwater wells located in P-town. The water in Pleasanton is extremely hard (210 per city water report, compared to USGS standard definition of >180 being "very hard"). San Ramon, some 12 miles away fro me, has EBMUD as the water supplier. Bottom line - it all depends on where you live. Don't go by what happens in neighboring communities. Get your water report from the city.

FWIW, I use P-town's very hard tap water and rinse daily and use vinegar solution weekly.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

BuckarooBanzai

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:12 pm

Clownbell is right. If you want to know for sure, dig up some local data.

I've spent some fifty years in Northern California, primarily in the Bay Area: San Jose, San Francisco, Livermore, Pleasanton, Berkeley, San Leandro, Santa Cruz and Sacramento. I recall only hard water. But I could be wrong.

All I can say for sure, in this moment, is that Sacramento water in my area is very hard and yet I have no residue in my humidifier tub from using tap water over the last month. I don't even trouble myself to rinse it with vinegar.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:09 pm

Anyone on city water can request a copy of the annual water quality report
from the water department. (One is enclosed with our water bill once a year.)
If you are using rural well water, you can contact your county extension division
or health department for help getting your home water tested.
Some places may not even charge you.
It is a good idea to know what is in your water--even if you only drink a little bit.

randye80

Post by randye80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:55 pm

Further props to clownbell.

The City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) get their water from Hetch Hetchy Reservoir on the upper Tuolumne River. Very low in mineral content.