Buying a Travel CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
s_beecher1

Buying a Travel CPAP

Post by s_beecher1 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:22 am

I have now searched the forum about travel CPAP machines. I have a few questions that I don't see answered. One is will I need a new prescription? Does the travel CPAP have to be set up by professionals? My current CPAP provider said they don't sell them and won't set one up for me. I currently use a ResMed Airsense 10 with the Phillips Respironics Dreamwear air pillows head gear. I have had this for a number of years. I never had sleep apnea symptoms except snoring but a sleep study determined that I have it. I want a travel machine as I am going on a trip to the UK and I don't want to lug my big machine around with me. I am a 70 something woman and pretty strong but I will be dealing with my suitcase and a travel purse and really prefer not to have an additional bag.

I really appreciate your advice here.

Pugsy

Re: Buying a Travel CPAP

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:30 am

A new prescription shouldn't be needed. A prescription for "cpap" in general should cover a travel machine purchase.

As far as setting the machine up...you can do it yourself fairly easily if you have the manual that explains how to get into the clinical setup menu area.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual
Some manuals available here by email request.

Most people who end up purchasing travel machines will be doing their own setup anyway.
I haven't ever seen a manual that comes with a travel machine but it should clearly tell people how to set the required settings.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

s_beecher1

Post by s_beecher1 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:56 am

Thanks for your response. Do the settings need to match those of my home machine? If so, how do I find what my home machine's settings are? I looked at all the display options. Thanks!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:00 am

If you can't easily see your settings on the screen....go into the clinical setup menu area.
Or use OSCAR and it will report whatever your settings are.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

rick blaine

Post by rick blaine » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:36 am

Hi s_beecher1,

If you're coming to the UK, save yourself some hassle by buying one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/InstallerParts-P ... 2TMHPAF685

s_beecher1

Post by s_beecher1 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:01 pm

Never mind: I found how to look at the settings on my machine. Press: Home button and big round button at same time for 3 seconds.

s_beecher1

Post by s_beecher1 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:02 pm

Thanks, rick blaine!

Evaret

Post by Evaret » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:16 pm

s_beecher1, I could almost have written your questions myself. :) :)

I am planning on going to the UK in Sept/Oct and want to avoid carting around my Airsense 10. So I am now starting to think about a travel cpap machine.

I am also hoping to use it on the flights to/from Oz. A good nights' sleep on the plane would be great

Cheers