For those wondering

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

For those wondering

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:18 am

For those who were interested or cared about the recent problem I had getting delivery of a machine from a seller here....I just got a notice from PayPal that they have issued me a refund.

I can't seem to locate original post to update that post. Too much work to go looking right now as I have other stuff I need to do that is more important so I thought I would just post this in an time is important effort.

It does take a bit of time (3 to 4 weeks or so) once a person submits to PayPal that there is a problem but this is the second time I have had to do it and now I can say both times I got my money back. The other one was a craigslist ad scam...and not a forum member and it was years ago.

FWIW my PM to the seller in question this time is still sitting in my outbox...unread.
I still can't help but wonder if something happened to him. Hell...maybe he got Covid or something. So maybe he wasn't just here for the sole purpose of scamming. He did have the machine...we all saw pictures.

At any rate...nice to get my money back and next time a new person comes here selling stuff I will fix up suitable buyer beware warnings.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Re: For those wondering

Post by LSAT » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:36 am

I agree with using Paypal. I have used them for 4-5 years. I only use PP when making my purchases. I have purchased at least 100 machines using PP. I have had 2 occasions where the merchandise was not as advertised or not shipped at all. Paypal paid me back on both occasions. Their buyer protection plan is great.

FifthAvenue

Post by FifthAvenue » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:14 am

Glad that you recovered your funds. Thanks for your work leading this forum.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:44 am

I am happy you got your PayPal funds back. :). I did not have good luck with PayPal we bought an auto part from a company that arrived broken. We returned it and they charged us a 20% restocking fee (for returning a broken item ?) I appealed with PayPal. They refused to refund my money. Denied without explanation. Thankfully I had used my credit card with PayPal. I had emails from the auto part place where they admitted sending a broken part. The credit card company refunded my money and went after PayPal for it. I got a snotty little note from PayPal about how they wished I had worked within their system rather than reporting to the bank. Ha

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:05 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:44 am
I got a snotty little note from PayPal about how they wished I had worked within their system rather than reporting to the bank. Ha
So sorry you got screwed and PayPal dropped the ball. Not everyone is as lucky as I have been with PayPal...it's far from perfect like the guy who got screwed because the scammer withdrew the scammed funds before PayPal could put a hold on them and get the monies back. PayPal told him there was no money to go get but they resolved the problem in the guy's favor. Big whoopie..."you win the dispute but we can't give you any money". That sucks.

Oh I forgot about one other PayPal dispute I had...so 2 involved cpap machines and the other recent dispute last December was something ordered and it came from China and was such an obvious scam product substitution it wasn't funny.
Long story there but it was something Hubby wanted and I told him the price was too good to be true and it was likely a scam but I did it anyway thinking he needed to learn a lesson. Lots of work for me though to have hubby learn the lesson. :lol: :lol:

I had to return the product all the way to China...cost me 26 bucks but eventually I got my "full" refund of 82 bucks.
These scammers do this crap because most people won't bother to return something and they just pocket people's laziness.
Not me...they screwed the wrong woman. :shock:

FWIW with that particular scam item...the website promoted it as made in the USA and shipped from the USA....total lies everywhere and if I had dug a little deeper I would have realized it. Hubby learned a lesson and so did I.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Aretino

Post by Aretino » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:22 am

Good to hear you got your money back.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:47 am

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:05 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:44 am
I got a snotty little note from PayPal about how they wished I had worked within their system rather than reporting to the bank. Ha
So sorry you got screwed and PayPal dropped the ball. Not everyone is as lucky as I have been with PayPal...
Its ok. Got my money back via the cc company and filed a fraud complaint against the auto parts scammers with the state attorney general and ruined their bbb score. They messed with the wrong person. I imagine most give up, I didn't and followed through with my complaints. Lol. And come to think of it, it was hubby who ordered the part that I had to fight to get our money back. Lol.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:58 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:47 am
And come to think of it, it was hubby who ordered the part that I had to fight to get our money back. Lol.
:lol: :lol: These damn hubbies sure cause us a lot of extra work don't they. :lol: :lol: :lol:

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:54 am

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:58 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:
And come to think of it, it was hubby who ordered the part that I had to fight to get our money back. Lol.
:lol: :lol: These damn hubbies sure cause us a lot of extra work don't they. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Always.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:42 am

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:58 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:12 pm

I had a seller not deliver on a Pay Pal purchase. It was a real PITA and took a few months, but I eventually got my money credited back to my credit card.

I just sold something on FB Marketplace. The buyer has 5 days to complain before FB will charge their card. I was the seller in that case, but I respect the idea of giving the buyer time to be sure the product really is as promised. It was a pretty painless transaction for me, except dealing with a lot of lookie lous who asked a lot of questions then offered me 1/3 of my firm offering price (which I eventually got). Now the only issue is I keep getting targeted ads from FB Marketplace trying to get me to buy the same type of item I sold. :roll:

I don't think I'd buy CPAP stuff from there, though. Lots of people trying to offload Respironics machines and So Clean devices. :lol:
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

BuckarooBanzai

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:01 am

Glad to hear PayPal refunded your money!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:44 am

Janknitz wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:12 pm
. . .
Lots of people trying to offload . . . :lol:
They are exactly like cockroaches.
Too bad we can't call Orkin.