Resmed 11 Heated Hose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Thorold

Resmed 11 Heated Hose

Post by Thorold » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:07 am

Hello, first time poster and started CPAP therapy 2 weeks ago and received my Resmed 11 machine. I am still adjusting to it and appreciate the information on this board.

Do I want/need the heated hose? Been playing with the humidity settings and settled on 4. If I put it higher I do notice water collecting in the hose. If I do want the heated hose I can only find the Resmed 10 hose, will this work with my machine?

Thanks in advance?

https://www.amazon.ca/Climate-Line-Heat ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

Pugsy

Re: Resmed 11 Heated Hose

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:30 am

No, unfortunately the AirSense 10 heated hose won't work on the AirSense 11 model machines.
The AirSense 11 heated hoses are in short supply and haven't made it to the secondary market yet but often the DMEs will have them available for a separate purchase.

Have you asked the place your got your AirSense 11 machine from if they could supply you with the heated hose for your machine???? Try them first.

Alternately there are other ways to combat condensation in non heated hoses that might be enough for you if you need or want more humidity. We used to use those other methods for years when we didn't have the integrated heated hose options.

1....a nice hose cozy to hopefully keep the air warmer in the hose so it doesn't condense. Padacheek.com makes some really nice hose cozies. https://www.padacheek.com/
2....a stand alone heated hose that keeps the air warm in the hose....they don't have rheostats though...either on or off.
I used one for years called the Hybernite heated hose. I think there are other brands available.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CPAP2017

Post by CPAP2017 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:58 am

I like the heated hose and when got the Airsense 11 I bought one at the same time. It seems to help with dry mouth and throat issues. Unfortunately, I think they are hard to find right now. I got one at my local DME provider even though it's not in stock online anywhere.

BuckarooBanzai

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:14 am

Ask your DME. I could not find the heated hose anywhere in stock, but I was able to get one through Kaiser Permanente DME Apria within 48 hours.

Love my heated hose. It is worth the search.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:25 am

Until you can get the correct heated hose, you can wrap the plain hose
with various materials to insulate it.
Strips of fleece fabric (remnants or cut up a cheap blanket, scarf, or shop towel),
Or even knee socks with the toes cut off.