Looking to buy a used CPAP machine if you have one to get rid of

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Possum65

Looking to buy a used CPAP machine if you have one to get rid of

Post by Possum65 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:09 pm

My wife has been waiting for over 3 months and found out she has another 300+ people in front of her on the wait list. It's time to just buy one if we can.

Anyone have one they'd like to sell?

She's gone without throughout the last 2 months of us taking on 3 siblings for adoption. She's absolutely gassed.

Pugsy

Re: Looking to buy a used CPAP machine if you have one to get rid of

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:30 pm

You might check with forum member LSAT. He dabbles in used machines and he is trustworthy.
https://www.cpaptalk.com/memberlist.php ... le&u=35445
Send him a private message. I don't know if he has sold his recent machine that he had for sale or not but even if he has he might be getting another one this week. You never know with him.

I have a brand new zero hour still in unopened box ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet that I want to sell but it is not going to go for used prices. So I don't know how much your wallet will stand or what you want or need.
Send me a private message if you want more information and/or are interested.
It is this machine
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... t-humidair
I can include a heated hose, spare water chamber and maybe a mask if she wants what I have some extra stock of.
I haven't even opened it and I did get it from cpap.com about 3 weeks ago. $900

Even if you don't want it...I have a brand new mask...ResMed AirFit P10 for Her that I can sell at a discount.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:32 pm

Unless she's used Cpap before, it would help to know what the doctor recommended, and/or to see a copy of the sleep study here (personal info covered) so we can get an idea what's what - there are different types of machines depending on the above. Congrats on the kids!

Possum65

Post by Possum65 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:25 am

Julie wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:32 pm
Unless she's used Cpap before, it would help to know what the doctor recommended, and/or to see a copy of the sleep study here (personal info covered) so we can get an idea what's what - there are different types of machines depending on the above. Congrats on the kids!
Ok good to know. Here's what she had before if this helps

There are some comments at the top that might make sense to you.
ABBE0369-8421-4715-9570-F0B1F0E81941.jpeg
ABBE0369-8421-4715-9570-F0B1F0E81941.jpeg (560.7 KiB) Viewed 2391 times

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:03 am

Great, but there's no medical info there... like what her AHI was on testing, why she wasn't prescribed an auto machine, at what pressure settings, etc. etc...

remoo1

Post by remoo1 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:35 am

i have an F&P sleepstyle apap with 2 heated hoses and 2 water chambers with only 1300 hrs. will sell for fair price.

Possum65

Post by Possum65 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:09 am

Julie wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:03 am
Great, but there's no medical info there... like what her AHI was on testing, why she wasn't prescribed an auto machine, at what pressure settings, etc. etc...
At the top it says "*e/o cpap @ 6 hst: 8/5/2020 AHI: 6.1"

Does that help? She doesn't have the report but is trying to get it from her doctor

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:16 am

The report (or any medical ones) are hers by law, so I'd get on to the doctor's staff for it - they may require a signature, which is valid.

If her AHI on testing was 6, that's a pretty low bar for ordering a cpap and I'd want to talk to her doctor some more about the rationale for getting one, plus would want more info in general which only he/she would have.

What were her reasons for getting tested? If, e.g., they all amounted to being tired during the day, have other possibilities besides OSA been looked into?

Possum65

Post by Possum65 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:03 am

Julie wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:16 am
The report (or any medical ones) are hers by law, so I'd get on to the doctor's staff for it - they may require a signature, which is valid.

If her AHI on testing was 6, that's a pretty low bar for ordering a cpap and I'd want to talk to her doctor some more about the rationale for getting one, plus would want more info in general which only he/she would have.

What were her reasons for getting tested? If, e.g., they all amounted to being tired during the day, have other possibilities besides OSA been looked into?
She starts snoring and it escalates to shaking the walls loud until it gets to a point that she starts making choking type sounds and isn't able to breathe. Sometimes going up to 45-60 of no breathing. Then she'll wake up in a full blown panic attack.

I usually wake her up by nudging her and telling her she's struggling before the choking noise starts. She'll reposition and go back to sleep just fine. She never remembers me doing this. I usually nudge her 3-7 times before I fall asleep. I have a really hard time going to sleep due to the snoring and being worried about her having another panic attack. So I stay up as long as I can to help her sleep. Usually don't go to sleep until 1 or 2.

But she's having 5+ of these events and 1-3 panic attacks after I fall asleep right now because of it. Her snoring doesn't always wake me up enough to help her stop it.

When she was on the CPAP over a year ago it never happened but she just wouldn't wear it because it was unconditional and she didn't like all the pressure in her nose and mouth. So she sent the rental back.

But we've been dealing with this for 3+ years and she finally agreed she'd just wear it because she can't handle the panic attacks anymore and I'm dead tired every day because I can't sleep due to it either.

The panic attacks are scary and really intense for her, she's convinced she's dying and begs me to take her to the ER almost every time. I have to spend 5-10 minutes holding her and reassuring her she's okay and that it'll stop. She's so scared she argues and yells at me. We get her Kardia EKG out and it's always normal. We put on a pulse ox and it's always normal. That helps her out. We can't afford to go to the ER every time. We were at first 8 years ago when they started. She's had so many heart tests and everything is fine.

Before she got the CPAP I had been telling her for 4 years that she stops breathing at night but she wouldn't believe me. She finally got a sleep study done and low and behold she never snored or stopped breathing. They had her redo it but she didn't snore much that night either.

So the sleep study results didn't capture these events. Her doctor went ahead and prescribed the CPAP based on what I had been observing and listening to a recording I had of her going from snoring to a panic attack.
Last edited by Possum65 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:32 am

Hmm, has she been seen by an ENT re possible nasal issues (turbinates etc) that would address the snoring? So many people think snoring is automatic with apnea, but isn't at all.

My ex told me I quit breathing too, so I got tested, but results were definitive even tho' I wasn't tired in daytime.

Feel bad for you!

Possum65

Post by Possum65 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:57 pm

Julie wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:32 am
Hmm, has she been seen by an ENT re possible nasal issues (turbinates etc) that would address the snoring? So many people think snoring is automatic with apnea, but isn't at all.

My ex told me I quit breathing too, so I got tested, but results were definitive even tho' I wasn't tired in daytime.

Feel bad for you!
No, she hasn't been to an ENT. She's waiting on the report from the doctor still.

I appreciate the help