Can't stop air escaping from my mouth

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Can't stop air escaping from my mouth

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:43 am

Respirator99 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:31 pm
I never could understand the lengths people go to in order to persist with a nasal mask when an FFM is such a simple solution.
Oh...I totally understand the lengths people go to because to those people FFM is NOT such a simple solution.
IMHO It's only "simple" to FFM users. :lol: :lol:
Me....I would rather get root canals on all my teeth without novacaine than use a FFM. Long ago I came to the realization that was just the way I felt and it wasn't going to change.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

My job isn't to decide for someone what mask they should use....my job is to help the person use the mask THEY DECIDE to use work for them. I don't care what mask that is. Pros and cons to all of them....every single one of them.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:31 pm

VictorC wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:49 am
Oh and even with a full face mask I'd still need a chin strap.
With my FFM, I use dry mouth gel, mouth tape, Pad-a-cheeks, and a cervical collar. Before all of that goes on, I pull on compressions socks. :mrgreen:

Should I mention my bedtime drugs?

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:48 am

Chin straps have a couple of issues in that they pull the jaw backwards and if that goes far enough the jaw also goes downwards. You've mentioned that you've lost weight - is your cervical collar now too big for you?

One poster I know uses Scunci hair bands with great effect. While they're designed to keep hair in place for him they help keep his lips closed without the need for tape.

https://www.scunci.com.au/products/headbands

remoo1

Post by remoo1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:37 am

Try a Knigstsbridge chin strap

ElusiveSleep

Post by ElusiveSleep » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:20 pm

This wide chinstrap is like the Knightsbridge except it uses a backstrap to keep in place and thus minimizes the amount of cloth covering the head

Super Deluxe Chinstrap for CPAP Therapy: https://www.directhomemedical.com/cart/ ... IYQAvD_BwE

It works better than the conventional chin straps since it can be placed more directly under the jaw. To make more comfortable, I cut a piece out of the bottom so it does not gag the throat. You can also cut notches for the ears if you don't want to cover them. Unlike other chinstraps it does not have the problem of getting completely stretched out, and any can easily be made tighter after prolonged use since it has a long velcro strip.