Non-mouth breather suddenly has dry mouth with new APAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LindaF5775

Re: Non-mouth breather suddenly has dry mouth with new APAP

Post by LindaF5775 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 am

I've just been through three great nights of sleep with my machine in CPAP mode (bless you for that suggestion, ChicagoGranny!). So I wanted to ask one more question, to get your opinions.

I realize I probably paid more for the APAP machine than I would have for a straight CPAP machine, but if it's working for me (and seriously, my sleep has been wonderful), my instinct is to not even bother messing around with the APAP settings to see if they work, at least until the CPAP mode doesn't work anymore. Is this a true case of, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?"

ChicagoGranny

Re: Non-mouth breather suddenly has dry mouth with new APAP

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:01 am

LindaF5775 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 am
my instinct is to not even bother messing around with the APAP settings to see if they work, at least until the CPAP mode doesn't work anymore. Is this a true case of, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?"
The goal is to have restful sleep and energy the next day without excess sleepiness. You seem to be achieving the goal!
LindaF5775 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 am
I realize I probably paid more for the APAP machine than I would have for a straight CPAP machine
Probably only a few dollars more. Divide it over the lifetime of the machine, and it seems like nothing. And you have the option of using APAP if something changes down the road. Things do change with our bodies.