P10 using updated N30 headgear.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bobby269

P10 using updated N30 headgear.

Post by Bobby269 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:05 pm

Does the N30 updated headgear improve the use of the P10 mask. I used the P10 a very long time ago and the headgear made me switch to another mask. ( I tried doing a search on his subject and didn't have any luck) I'm using the P10 with the clips now and it is an improvement. Im hoping that other headgear would be even better.
It it is better where have you seen them for sale.
Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered. :(

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

zonker

Re: P10 using updated N30 headgear.

Post by zonker » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Bobby269 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:05 pm
Does the N30 updated headgear improve the use of the P10 mask. I used the P10 a very long time ago and the headgear made me switch to another mask. ( I tried doing a search on his subject and didn't have any luck) I'm using the P10 with the clips now and it is an improvement. Im hoping that other headgear would be even better.
lemme see if i can get dogslobber in here to comment as he has good luck with this combo.
Dog Slobber wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:26 pm

eta: also, this from grumpyhere-

https://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=182441
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

nana of 3

Post by nana of 3 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 pm

I have both and I prefer the N30 head gear on the P10, it adjusts and is a little bit heftier than the P10 head gear. Even though Resmed says the head gear is not interchangeable..... it certainly IS. :wink:
Cheers
Nan

Resmed Airsence 10 autoset and Bleep Dreamport mask

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:32 pm

nana of 3 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 pm
I have both and I prefer the N30 head gear on the P10, it adjusts and is a little bit heftier than the P10 head gear. Even though Resmed says the head gear is not interchangeable..... it certainly IS. :wink:
Cheers
Nan
NAN??? Is that you Nan?? we've been missing you.

and yes, it certainly is compatible, I've been using that combo for a while.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:14 pm

What is the main benefit of using the N30 headgear if you use P10 pillows?

The P10 headgear already gives me CPAP hair - why would one want a more heftier headgear in the N30 headgear (that's what I read above).

Does the N30 headgear just offer a better fit for those with issues such as leaks, etc???

I'll be watching this thread to hopefully hear what the benefits of the N30 headgear is over the P10 headgear...and any disadvantages (CPAP hair??).
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:38 pm

The main benefit is that they have an adjustable clasp.

So you can adjust the pressure via the length of the elastic in addition to moving the two bands around.
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:45 am

zonker wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:59 pm
Bobby269 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:05 pm
lemme see if i can get dogslobber in here to comment as he has good luck with this combo.
I love the N20 strap compared to the (older) P10 strap.

They are basically the same, the only difference being the N30 has a sliding buckle that allows control of the fit.

Since the P10 is now shipping with the N30 strap I'm guessing it got favourable reviews in test markets.
JLROhio wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:14 pm
What is the main benefit of using the N30 headgear if you use P10 pillows?

The P10 headgear already gives me CPAP hair - why would one want a more heftier headgear in the N30 headgear (that's what I read above).

Does the N30 headgear just offer a better fit for those with issues such as leaks, etc???

I'll be watching this thread to hopefully hear what the benefits of the N30 headgear is over the P10 headgear...and any disadvantages (CPAP hair??).
I don't find it heftier at all. Visibly, I can't tell the difference between the material. The N30 seems less "stretchy".

Because of the movable clasp, one gets a better fit. I hated the p10 after it had been used a while, and stretched-out (before washing it to recover).

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:44 pm

Thanks for the responses...about the adjustable/moveable clasp for adjustment - that makes it a bit easier for someone like me to understand the benefits.
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:32 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:45 am
I don't find it heftier at all. Visibly, I can't tell the difference between the material. The N30 seems less "stretchy".
I think (without comparing one, which isn't handy at the moment) that the N30 band is a tiny bit wider than the P10 band. I'll report back.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.