SleepyHead Results

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
erolalper
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 am

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by erolalper » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:02 am

Miss Emerita wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:54 am
I went back to look at your original questions. Normal TV will vary from person to person depending on such variables as size, age, and gender. Your RR is within a normal range. Your MV, which depends on both your TV and RR, is very good. So I don't see any causes for concern. You can always go over these metrics with your doctor if you continue to worry about them.

If you post another chart, please put the left-hand column plus the following graphs in one screen shot:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores
Flow limitations.

You can squeeze them in by grabbing the horizontal gray bars that separate them.
palerider wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:43 pm
erolalper wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:34 pm
Thank you all your clear answers. Be sure that i will do as you said if i will add another graph :)
If you take the time to re-arrange the charts, it will save you time, because in the future you will only have to post *one* screenshot to get us what we need.

https://www.cpaptalk.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Alternatively, try clicking on 'view' in the menu, then 'reset graphs', then 'standard.
Hello again friends, I am very happy to meet the masters of this business here. The tips I get from you are very important to me. I want to ask you one more question. I have not been able to use the cpap device continuously until today. If I used it for 2 days, I didn't use it for 3 days. it was always like this. I have been using it for 3 days in a row for the first time and my AHI values are very low as you know. (0.5 - 0.0 - 0.8) Despite this, I still cannot get up fresh in the mornings for the last three days, I wake up with a heaviness in my head and my sleepiness continues throughout the day. What do you think could be the reason for this? I have an idea, but am I right? I use a Philips Dreamwear nasal mask. I wonder if the sound of air venting from the top of my head all night long and continuously bothers me? Do you think that could be the reason? Or what could it be?

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 18983
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:58 pm
Location: Canada E.

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by Julie » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 am

Time to ask if you take any meds that could impact how you sleep, and if you've been recently seen for routine (and possibly other) tests looking for other potential conditions besides apnea.

User avatar
Miss Emerita
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by Miss Emerita » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:19 am

Julie asks some good questions. I agree that your problems with feeling rested may have nothing to do with breathing disorders during sleep. Here is some standard advice for better sleep. Initially I didn't pay much attention to it; then out of desperation I did, and it really helped.

• Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends or during vacations.
• Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
• Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
• If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed.
• Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
• Use your bed only for sleep and sex.
• Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
• Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings.
• Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
• Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack.
• Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
• Avoid consuming caffeine in the late afternoon or evening.
• Avoid consuming alcohol before bedtime.
• Reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.
ResMed Aircurve VAuto
Bleep mask

Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 30345
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Dallas(ish).

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:50 am

erolalper wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 pm
palerider wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:47 pm
zonker wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 am
and just by the way, if your ahi is zero, i don't see how you can improve upon THAT!
I will say that "there is more to sleep disturbed breathing than just the AHI".

You can have enough FLs and snores to disturb your sleep by you can still have great AHI.. :)
Is this a comment of my graphs or you just answer the @Zonker reproof "how can we improve ourselves even if AHI is zero? :)
I'm waiting for you to post graphs formatted as requested before I spend any time looking at them.
Get OSCAR and come chat on IRC: #cpaptalk on irc.libera.chat

Accounts to put on the foe list: mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They're often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

erolalper
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 am

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by erolalper » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:59 am

palerider wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:50 am
erolalper wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 pm
palerider wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:47 pm
zonker wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 am
and just by the way, if your ahi is zero, i don't see how you can improve upon THAT!
I will say that "there is more to sleep disturbed breathing than just the AHI".

You can have enough FLs and snores to disturb your sleep by you can still have great AHI.. :)
Is this a comment of my graphs or you just answer the @Zonker reproof "how can we improve ourselves even if AHI is zero? :)
I'm waiting for you to post graphs formatted as requested before I spend any time looking at them.
Here it is :)
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:


screenshot-20210916-153418.png
screenshot-20210916-153418.png (96.52 KiB) Viewed 1021 times

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 30345
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Dallas(ish).

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by palerider » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:02 am

erolalper wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:59 am

Here it is :)
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Based on that one night (do you have others?) I'd suggest raising the pressure to 10, and setting EPR to 3.

you had a couple of periods of snoring and flow limitations which will disturb sleep.
Get OSCAR and come chat on IRC: #cpaptalk on irc.libera.chat

Accounts to put on the foe list: mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They're often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

erolalper
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 am

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by erolalper » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:43 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:02 am
erolalper wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:59 am

Here it is :)
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Based on that one night (do you have others?) I'd suggest raising the pressure to 10, and setting EPR to 3.

you had a couple of periods of snoring and flow limitations which will disturb sleep.
Thanks a lot your comments. Of course I have some other nights. I added 3 more nights.

screenshot-20210916-174123.png
screenshot-20210916-174123.png (92.71 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
screenshot-20210916-174042.png
screenshot-20210916-174042.png (96.51 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
screenshot-20210916-174003.png
screenshot-20210916-174003.png (96.23 KiB) Viewed 1007 times

User avatar
Miss Emerita
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by Miss Emerita » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 am

Do try the changes palerider has suggested. I'm also curious whether you think the periods of flow limitation plus snoring correspond with back-sleeping or chin-tucking (tucking your chin down toward your chest).
ResMed Aircurve VAuto
Bleep mask

Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

erolalper
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 am

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by erolalper » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:00 am

Miss Emerita wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 am
Do try the changes palerider has suggested. I'm also curious whether you think the periods of flow limitation plus snoring correspond with back-sleeping or chin-tucking (tucking your chin down toward your chest).
I do not know if they are correspond with them but my wife always says me that I often use back-sleep style and have chin tucking below the pillow.

User avatar
Miss Emerita
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Re: SleepyHead Results

Post by Miss Emerita » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:43 pm

erolalper wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:00 am
Miss Emerita wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 am
Do try the changes palerider has suggested. I'm also curious whether you think the periods of flow limitation plus snoring correspond with back-sleeping or chin-tucking (tucking your chin down toward your chest).
I do not know if they are correspond with them but my wife always says me that I often use back-sleep style and have chin tucking below the pillow.
It might be worth trying a lower pillow. Ideally you would sleep on your sides, but if the effort of changing your habit disrupts your sleep, that could be counterproductive.
ResMed Aircurve VAuto
Bleep mask

Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/