Airsense 10 ramp up question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Airsense 10 ramp up question

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:16 pm

Kargurin wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:09 pm
I just googled starting pressure vs. minimum pressure
"starting pressure" is if you're using ramp, to gradually increase the pressure over a period of minutes up to your minimum pressure.

Some people like that, some people (like me) decided years ago that it just makes it harder to breathe for a while every time you turn the machine on.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:46 am

Congratulations on starting treatment for your sleep apnea -- and on using Oscar.

Many people find that they feel somewhat starved for air with a minimum less than 7, so try increasing your minimum to 7 and see whether that feels better. You can do that yourself if you're comfortable changing your settings; you can access the clinical settings by holding down the home button and the round knob simultaneously for a few seconds.

For the chart you posted, around what time do you think you actually fell asleep?
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:51 am

Apologies for the double post. My laptop is messing with me.

I'll be curious how the night went with the change in settings. And you probably know this, but all those centrals that occurred before you fell asleep don't mean anything about your treatment for SLEEP apnea.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Kargurin

Post by Kargurin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:39 am

Had one of those nights where I just didn't feel very sleepy so I didn't sleep well. Took my mask off after 5 hours and then finaly went to sleep. I actually feel comfortable with the Dreamwear full face mask but last night was just one of those odd nights. Changed the minimum pressure to 8 and that worked well. I didn't feel air starved at all and it was comfortable. Checked the MyAir app and see my AHI was 2.7 which is the best yet but I don't put much stock in that because like I said, just didn't get to sleep. I need to get more physical work in so I feel tired. In TX it's so hot outside it's not easy to get outdoor activities in. Great advice here. I appreciate it!

Kargurin

Post by Kargurin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:00 pm

Follow up question. I am using the Dreamwear full face mask. The Airsense 10 came with a setting of nasal mask. I changed it to full faced. I was supposed to get the F30i by resmed but it was on backorder. I'm guessing this was an error from A****. Thoughts?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:42 pm

Kargurin wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:00 pm
Follow up question. I am using the Dreamwear full face mask. The Airsense 10 came with a setting of nasal mask. I changed it to full faced. I was supposed to get the F30i by resmed but it was on backorder. I'm guessing this was an error from A****. Thoughts?
The Dreamwear FFM and the ResMed F30i are similar masks. Each has its pros and cons.

Yes, the machine mask setting should be FFM.

Kargurin

Post by Kargurin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Here are my results from last night after increasing minimum pressure to 8. I woke up at around 1:30 with problems exhaling (EPR set at 3). So I ticked down minimum pressure to 7 and then slept through to 5:30 am. No obstructive apneas but several central apneas. My AHI is pretty good though I feel quite tired today. Maybe I just need to give this time since I'm only on day 4?

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 5.21.05 PM.png (1012.73 KiB) Viewed 238 times
Airsense 10 Autoset
Dreamwear full face mask