CMSD50+ Oximeter and OSCAR problem!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepyCPAP

CMSD50+ Oximeter and OSCAR problem!!!

Post by SleepyCPAP » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:10 am

I am using a CMSD50plus overnight recording pulse/oximeter from time to time. I was using Sleepyhead in the beginning, now upgraded to OSCAR 1.2.0.

There is a problem downloading more than about 25 minutes of data, or complete data, from the oximeter in OSCAR. I don’t remember that happening in SleepyHead.
For instance, the first download from last night gave me 24 minutes. Then I made up a new profile and it downloaded a few more minutes. Then I reloaded and it gave me all the hours. Then I went back to the original profile and wiped data and tried again, even without a CPAP session, and I got most of the data(edit see below). So I tried again and I got just 26 minutes.

Why is the OSCAR downloader so inconsistent with how much it will recognize off the D50+?
Is there some work-around better than my middle-of-night hours of load/erase/load/load/shut off display of short data routine?

I do not have a Windows machine, so OSCAR is the only way I can view the data. I am on an old MacBook Pro, 10.13.6 (as updated as it will go).

I don’t use the pulse/oximeter much, so this is not life-or-death, but since I’m in the midst of switching up my mode of therapy it would really help to solve this. Here are screen shots from the two profiles.
CMSD50plus main profile loaded.png
CMSD50plus main profile loaded.png (98.85 KiB) Viewed 724 times
CMSD50plus alternate profile loaded.png
CMSD50plus alternate profile loaded.png (124.46 KiB) Viewed 724 times
Edit: Now that I look at them side by side, it seems the first session of oximeter data is compressed to end at 2:14am rather than 3:04am. So all the data got in, but isn’t stretched out properly by OSCAR. Why? How to solve? Why did it finally work ok in the new/alternate profile? Can I drag data from one profile to the other?
Edit 2: looking closer, maybe the issue is OSCAR loaded the first 25 minutes, and the second time (in the main profile, top screenshot) just the remaining hours after that. Can I go back and edit the start time of the oximeter session so it moves to the correct time, and then turn on the shorted/truncated session to show the first 25 minutes?

-- SleepyCPAP
Sleep study in 2010 (11cm CPAP). Pillows (Swift FX>TAP PAP >Bleep). PRS1 “Pro” 450/460 until recall, now Aircurve 10 VAuto. Tape mouth. Palatal Prolapse solved by AlaxoStent & VAuto EPAP 4cm, PS 3.6cm = 0.0 AHI

SleepyCPAP

Re: CMSD50+ Oximeter and OSCAR problem!!!

Post by SleepyCPAP » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:56 pm

OK, so I booted up my old SleepyHead version, back from OS9 days (yeah, old Mac equipment). I wanted to be sure I remembered correctly that loading the CMSD50+ was smooth. It was. First try, and the session still sitting in memory was loaded right away.
SleepyHead loads CMS50Dplus session easily.png
SleepyHead loads CMS50Dplus session easily.png (182.76 KiB) Viewed 696 times
So something must have changed with the loading software tweaks since OSCAR brought the code further forward. Can it be put back?

What I wondered before I still wonder: Can SpO2 downloads be shared with other profiles in OSCAR? Can a file be copied from my SleepyHead data folders and be brought into OSCAR? I ask because when I get OSCAR to do the offload from the Pulse/Ox, I might be in an alternate profile. And because I didn’t bring my old (since 2013) CMSD50+ data over (I didn’t build my OSCAR profile from my Sleepyhead data). Some of that included Pleth, from a couple nights I was connected to the computer with the USB cord.

-- SleepyCPAP
Sleep study in 2010 (11cm CPAP). Pillows (Swift FX>TAP PAP >Bleep). PRS1 “Pro” 450/460 until recall, now Aircurve 10 VAuto. Tape mouth. Palatal Prolapse solved by AlaxoStent & VAuto EPAP 4cm, PS 3.6cm = 0.0 AHI

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:09 am

Are you importing the data directly from the CMSD50+ by USB cable or are you importing data files?

We are aware of some direct cable import problems, but your report is somewhat different than others I have seen.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

SleepyCPAP

Post by SleepyCPAP » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:21 am

Thanks for responding BlueDragon,

I am importing using the USB cable.

I don't think I have a way to get to the data otherwise, as I don't have a Windows machine to run the SpO2 software that came with the CMSD50+

When the Pulse/Ox is turned on, it says "Ver 4.6" (I believe I got it at the end of 2013)

-- SleepyCPAP

Portico45

Post by Portico45 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:02 am

Hi All.
I believe the CMSD50+ is only capable of storing 25 minutes of data. If you want to record data for the whole night you will need to use a cabled connection to your Mac and record 'live'. This makes things a little awkward. I had to tape the oximeter and the cable to my finger to avoid the whole thing falling off or getting badly pulled during the night, but I got the data for the whole night. You will also need to ensure the Mac's power settings do not switch off the hard drive; set it to 'never'.
Cheers

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:10 am

Portico45 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:02 am
Hi All.
I believe the CMSD50+ is only capable of storing 25 minutes of data. If you want to record data for the whole night you will need to use a cabled connection to your Mac and record 'live'. This makes things a little awkward. I had to tape the oximeter and the cable to my finger to avoid the whole thing falling off or getting badly pulled during the night, but I got the data for the whole night. You will also need to ensure the Mac's power settings do not switch off the hard drive; set it to 'never'.
Cheers

I have actually owned and used a CMS 50 D plus oximeter and it did indeed record overnight. The entire night and wasn't limited to 25 minutes. And I sure didn't set it up to record "live"....way too much work to do that.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SleepyCPAP

Post by SleepyCPAP » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:12 pm

Old thread. Very soon after I wrote this I went ahead and bought an O2Ring. It works well, and is much more comfortable. I’ve worn it nightly since I bought it. I could never stand using the CMSD50+ for more than a few nights, at most. Now the CMSD50+ is just used for spot checks of my SpO2 or pulse during pauses in exercise.

-- SleepyCPAP