New to Board New Machine replacing Old

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
babesbarn

New to Board New Machine replacing Old

Post by babesbarn » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:48 pm

Hello, I am a former CPAP USER returning to the World of CPAP after a 8 years. My old CPAP Set up and machine did me well and looks pretty good even old. But like I said is OLD. The newer technology of using your iphone to pair and generate information is so wonderful however, I will have to look through the threads here to find answers to what I know are "already asked questions".
I am happy to be here and find this board. I use to talk on The CPAP People Board and helped a number of people who had issues with their mask or problems getting use to it. Now I am mostly wondering about the techie stuff. Thank you for putting this forum together and I expect I will spend many hours of searching through your topics to help me. :D

zonker

Re: New to Board New Machine replacing Old

Post by zonker » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:06 pm

babesbarn wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:48 pm
Hello, I am a former CPAP USER returning to the World of CPAP after a 8 years. My old CPAP Set up and machine did me well and looks pretty good even old. But like I said is OLD. The newer technology of using your iphone to pair and generate information is so wonderful however, I will have to look through the threads here to find answers to what I know are "already asked questions".
I am happy to be here and find this board. I use to talk on The CPAP People Board and helped a number of people who had issues with their mask or problems getting use to it. Now I am mostly wondering about the techie stuff. Thank you for putting this forum together and I expect I will spend many hours of searching through your topics to help me. :D
welcome to the zoo!

i think you'll find those apps to not be as comprehensive as a software program called oscar. the apps won't give you more than you can already see on the machine's screen. whereas oscar will give you more detailed information that will help one to improve one's experience.

the drawback is that oscar (so far) only works on actual computers, not on phones or tablets. so pick whichever you, a tool to help you or something flashy that won't do much at all.

what sort of machine are you looking to buy?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

ChicagoGranny

Re: New to Board New Machine replacing Old

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:49 am

babesbarn wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:48 pm
The newer technology of using your iphone to pair and generate information is so wonderful
Most seasoned users find the apps close to useless. More information can be seen easily and quickly on the CPAP machine's display if you know how to easily navigate the menu.

When the CPAP user is having problems with the effectiveness of their therapy, OSCAR is the most helpful tool to find solutions.

Please stick to this one thread and get advice on the exact model of machine to get. BTW, which model machine do you currently have? It may still serve you well. There have been no major advances in CPAP technology in the last ten years.

Welcome!