MyAir Web question: What are "MyAir Analytics?"

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mrs.Sunflowers

MyAir Web question: What are "MyAir Analytics?"

Post by Mrs.Sunflowers » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:49 am

Hello, I am new here and have a question.

I'm have had the AirSense 10 Auto-Set for about 2 years now and I've been set up with the MyAir web app from the beginning. I have always used the machine faithfully every night and gotten good usage scores. When I got up this morning I logged in to the MyAir web app and in the My Account/ Privacy section, I noticed an an option that lets me choose whether to allow "MyAir Analytics" or not. (See attached screen shot). I have not enabled it yet, I never noticed it until now.

I am googling around and searching the website and can't find an explanation of what "MyAir Analytics" are? Does anyone know?

If I had to guess I would say maybe it means this allows them to send your usage data to DME provider? Insurance?

The reason I'm asking is because this morning it dawned on me that I have not been to my pulmonologist for a compliance check-in since January 2020 ... that would be a year and a half ago. :shock: I am usually good about keeping up with appointments every year but this past year has been crazy what with work, Covid and a death in the family. It completely slipped my mind. Apparently I was due for my annual check-in this past January.... now I'm afraid I might be in for a rude awakening when Cigna catches up with this?

On the other hand maybe I'm OK because in March I received a quarterly shipment of DME from Aerocare and the claim was processed and paid in full by Cigna for $350... so based on that I'm thinking I'm in compliance? Otherwise Cigna wouldn't have paid? Prior to this machine, I had a previous ResMed model that was not cloud based, and my doctor always emphasized it was important to come in every year with the SD card for compliance.

Right now it's Sunday and I'm going to have to wait until Monday to call my pulmonologist to schedule an appointment asap. I was wondering in the meantime if anyone can shed some light on this. I'm really hoping that my data has been automatically going to the DME provider and Cigna? Thanks. :)
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (24.1 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
I use the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto-Set with HumidAir heated humidifier, and the AirFit N-20 for Her nasal mask. :D

Mrs.Sunflowers

Re: MyAir Web question: What are "MyAir Analytics?"

Post by Mrs.Sunflowers » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:20 am

Update -- FYI, I received a response from myAir Support. It turns out that MyAir Analytics are just cookies. Here is the full response in case anyone is interested:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting myAir Support.

When you interact with the Service, we may use automated tools, such as cookies and other technologies to collect certain information from you. For more information on how we use cookies, read our Cookie Notice.

For example, we can collect information for your interaction with the Service (for example, content, features and links you use over time) to let you know about helpful information that you may have overlooked. This type of tracking is known as user-level analytics.

We use technology, such as Firebase™ Analytics, to track user-level analytics. At any time, you can disable user-level analytics in your account settings. You can also check the settings on iOS™ or Android™ devices to see what types of tracking options you can manage.

We may use other similar user tracking technologies, such as web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels" or "clear gifs"). These are tiny graphics that use a unique identifier to know when a coaching email was opened and if a link within an email message was clicked. These technologies are often used in combination with cookies. Therefore, if cookies are denied, they cannot properly track user activity.

We track this information to see what interests you in the Service and to measure the effectiveness of the communications you receive from us. We want to make sure you get the information you need to make the most of your therapy.

Regards,

Your MyAir Support Team
I use the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto-Set with HumidAir heated humidifier, and the AirFit N-20 for Her nasal mask. :D

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:33 am

Nice how they let you wait . . .

Sorry the rest of us dropped the ball.

Welcome to the forum.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:30 am

Welcome to the block . Best of luck with Aerocare .
My DME just switched / bought out to Aerocare . It now takes two weeks to get supplies, where before it took 3-4 days . :(

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:49 am

I get everything possible in person, even during the pandemic.
They still bring my supplies out to the car.
If something is wrong, I don't leave with it.
I refuse to reward mistakes.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:54 am

I may have to call my cpap doc and see if I can switch the dme , definitely unexceptionable service

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏